using PCM sounds in 03EdPro

  • guernica_bill
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 18, 2002
      Hello everyone!

      I just bought one of the Korg "Dance" PCM cards. It works (and
      sounds) great in my 03R/W, but I can't access the multisounds in
      03EdPro. Has anyone had any luck accessing sounds on their PCM cards
      with this editor, or am I going to have to go back to using
      the "pebbles of pain" and squinting to edit programs? I've gotten a
      bit spoiled, you see (occasional crashes notwithstanding).

      Thanks!

      GB
    • Sandro Binetti
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 19, 2002
        --- guernica_bill <guernica_bill@...> ha
        scritto: > Hello everyone!

        > I just bought one of the Korg "Dance" PCM cards. It
        > works (and
        > sounds) great in my 03R/W

        Hi GB,
        where did you find this PCM expansion?

        Tnx, Sandro.

        La reginetta del pop è tornata! Ascolta'I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman' su Yahoo!
        http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.music.yahoo.com/britney/
      • guernica_bill
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 19, 2002
          I found it in an EBay auction ;)

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 19, 2002
            I should give more details about the problem w/ 03WEditPro. I've used
            "Request PCM Names" but the names come up all gibberish in the
            software's multisound select panel. Anyone else have this happen with
            other PCM cards?

            Thanks.

            --- In Korg03RW@y..., "guernica_bill" <guernica_bill@y...> wrote:
            > I found it in an EBay auction ;)
            >
            > --- In Korg03RW@y..., Sandro Binetti <sandrobinetti@y...> wrote:
            > > --- guernica_bill <guernica_bill@y...> ha
            > > scritto: > Hello everyone!
            > > >
            > > > I just bought one of the Korg "Dance" PCM cards. It
            > > > works (and
            > > > sounds) great in my 03R/W
            > >
            > > Hi GB,
            > > where did you find this PCM expansion?
            > >
            > > Tnx, Sandro.

            > > La reginetta del pop è tornata! Ascolta'I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A
            > Woman' su Yahoo!
            > > http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.music.yahoo.com/britney/
          • SoundEditors
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 20, 2002
              Hi Bill,

              PCM card names can be requested from "Card" menu. They come to 03wEditPro as
              03r/w sends them: with little gibberish. There is nothing that can be done
              to fix it. This is a Korg bug that occours when 01w cards are loaded into
              PCM slot. The same card names can be preloaded from 01W (01wEditPro)
              perfectly using the same routine. I tested many cards on 03r/w with the same
              result and could I not fix it. Card multi and drum PCM names are stored in
              corresponding files in 03wEditPro folder: "multicrd.nam" and "drumcrd.nam"
              Those files can be edited using notepad (spacing must be preserved).

              Best

              www.soundtower.com

              WSEDITOR-QSEDITPRO-µWAVEDIT-MWEDIT
              01WEDPRO-03WEDPRO-05WEDPRO-X5DEDPRO
              N264/364EDIT-RS5/9EDIT-DM168RCEDIT

              I should give more details about the problem w/ 03WEditPro. I've used
              "Request PCM Names" but the names come up all gibberish in the
              software's multisound select panel. Anyone else have this happen with
              other PCM cards?

              Thanks.

              --- In Korg03RW@y..., "guernica_bill" <guernica_bill@y...> wrote:
              > I found it in an EBay auction ;)
              >
              > --- In Korg03RW@y..., Sandro Binetti <sandrobinetti@y...> wrote:
              > > --- guernica_bill <guernica_bill@y...> ha
              > > scritto: > Hello everyone!
              > > >
              > > > I just bought one of the Korg "Dance" PCM cards. It
              > > > works (and
              > > > sounds) great in my 03R/W
              > >
              > > Hi GB,
              > > where did you find this PCM expansion?
              > >
              > > Tnx, Sandro.

            • guernica_bill
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 21, 2002
                Thanks! I guess it'll be worth it to edit the multisound & drum names
                manually, since I only have the one PCM card (so far; I haven't found
                a Synth Design card, to get the "hedge clips" multi). Otherwise, I'll
                be craning my neck, since the 03 is behind my keyboard!! (small
                bedroom studio ergonomics problem).

                It's kind of odd that Korg would have this problem, since the 03 and
                the 01 use the same PCM cards (identical part numbers). Oh, well.

                Thanks for the help.

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/