need help changing the Xfade Bass sound

  • Jerry Mascaro
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2011
      I hope someone can help me, as I am currenttly stumped! How can I remove the (delayed) vibrato in the Xfade Bass patch (usually preset number 06) on the 03R? I use this patch (in combination with th Ac Bass patch) to get an upright bass sound for my left hand, but the vibrato is annoying because it plays with the pitch too much. I would appreciate it if someone can tell me how to get rid of that vibrato. Thaks for your help! - Jerry
    • mellod_88
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2012
        Hi Jerry,

        By any chance, are you transmitting aftertouch control to the 03R/W inadvertently? This may be causing the vibrato. When I pressed regularly/lightly on my keyboard (I use an Alesis QS8 as a controller), with no aftertouch, I did not hear any vibrato. IF aftertouch is the issue in your case, you may have a few options:

        a) Play the keyboard without applying aftertouch with your fingers (perhaps difficult to do consistently?)

        b) Disable aftertouch transmission from your keyboard controller.

        c) Turn off aftertouch pitch sensitivity on the 03R/W, which is what you asked. Will try to answer as follows:

        This patch is in DOUBLE mode, so you will have to adjust the same parameter for both OSC1 and OSC2.

        1. Select PROG A06 (XFade Bass).
        2. Go into PROG EDIT mode.
        3. Scroll to Page 12E (PGM1 INT). The default setting for aftertouch ("Aft") is 02; decrease this to 00.
        4. Scroll to page 13E (PGM2 INT). Same idea here; change Aft from 02 to 00.

        After doing this, the vibrato should be gone.

        Hope this helps; if you can, report back any success (or non-success!) as appropriate.

        Regards,
        DJ (Mello-D)