Repair

  • tonycore
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23 7:40 PM
      Hello all,

      Lots of questions...

      I have been having noise problems, crackling, volume shifts,
      cutting in and out, and weird notes popping in and out for a
      while...I think I fried an IC in my 03R/W somewhere along the
      line, it sounds like a heat-damaged component to me. Does
      anyone know a Korg repair shop in NYC where I could get it
      fixed? Is it worth springing the $ for repair, or should I just buy a
      new (used) one at this point? I don't want to give up the sounds,
      and my familiarity with the instrument. If I get a new one, should I
      get an 05? Can I put my 03 sounds into an 05?

      Thanks,

      Tony