New member moderation

  • Sayer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2003
      Hello to everyone on the Korg 03R/W list! :)

      After seeing recent problems on other lists I have turned on
      moderation for new members. Spam has ruined several other Yahoo
      Groups that I belong to and I want to avoid it here. Once a new
      member submits a valid on-topic post their status will change to un-
      moderated.

      Thanks,

      Sayer
    • gwgoldb
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2003
        --- In Korg03RW@yahoogroups.com, "Sayer" <sayersweb@y...> wrote:
        > Hello to everyone on the Korg 03R/W list! :)
        >
        > After seeing recent problems on other lists I have turned on
        > moderation for new members. Spam has ruined several other Yahoo
        > Groups that I belong to and I want to avoid it here. Once a new
        > member submits a valid on-topic post their status will change to un-
        > moderated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Sayer

        All things in moderation :-)

        I presume that present members will be "grandfathered"?

        Seriously, I second the idea - the JV1080 group has been overrun with
        spamming (and "underrun" with new posts)
      • Sayer
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2003
          --- In Korg03RW@yahoogroups.com, "gwgoldb" <garyg@i...> wrote:

          > All things in moderation :-)
          >
          > I presume that present members will be "grandfathered"?

          LOL! Yes!!

          > Seriously, I second the idea - the JV1080 group has been overrun
          with
          > spamming (and "underrun" with new posts)

          Same with the Nord Lead 2 list. The spam is very rude in manner.