More Changes - 03R/W site is moving

  • Sayer
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 23, 2001
      Hey 03R/W list!

      Welcome to the new 03R/W list at Yahoo Groups.

      This is a day of changes! I am leaving AOL.com and our 03R/W site is moving.

      Here is the new URL:

      http://sayersweb.com/korg03rw.htm

      I took the opportunity to remove the areas of the site that aren't very useful
      anymore. This included the discussion areas since we now have a mailing list.

      Also, one more really great bit of news. Daniel Rheault, a member of this list,
      took on the painstaking task of scanning the entire 03R/W user manual. He has
      sent me a CD-ROM containing the scans and I'm currently trying to figure out a
      good way to make this available on the site. If you have any suggestions please
      please end them to the list. Does anyone have experience at creating a .PDF
      file?

      That's all for now,

      Sayer

      =====
      Sayer's music:
      http://mp3.com/sayer (Electronica, Trance & Techno)
      http://mp3.com/dreamquest ("Classic" Electronic Music)

      Sayer's studio:
      http://www.sayersweb.com

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • Clayton L. Workman
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 23, 2001

        I have experience at creating PDF.  It’s quite easy.  (Of course you have to software to do it such as Adobe Acrobat.)  What format is the manual in now?  (I assume graphical files of some kind.)

        -Clayton

        ___________________________________

        Clayton L. Workman, M.S.E.E.

        email - cworkman@...

        web - www.bandgap.net

        music - www.mp3.com/claytonworkman

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 23, 2001
          From: "Clayton L. Workman" <cworkman@...>

          >I have experience at creating PDF. It's quite easy. (Of course you have to
          >software to do it such as Adobe Acrobat.) What format is the manual in now?
          >(I assume graphical files of some kind.)
          >
          >-Clayton

          The files are in both .gif and .tif format. The .gif are the smaller of the two and total almost 7mb.

          Sayer

          --
          Sayer's music:
          http://mp3.com/sayer (Electronica, Trance & Techno)
          http://mp3.com/dreamquest ("Classic" Electronic Music)

          Sayer's studio:
          http://www.sayersweb.com

          --
        • Dott. Alessandro Binetti
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 24, 2001
            --- Sayer <sayerseely@...> ha scritto: > Hey
            03R/W list!

            > Welcome to the new 03R/W list at Yahoo Groups.
            >
            > This is a day of changes! I am leaving AOL.com and
            > our 03R/W site is moving.
            >
            > Here is the new URL:
            >
            > http://sayersweb.com/korg03rw.htm

            Thank you Sayer! Your site is very very useful!

            Bye

            P.S. The easiest way to produce a PDF from a scanned
            text is a "PDF scanning", a scanning tool inside the
            complete Adobe Acrobat package.

            =====
            Alessandro Binetti
            Applicazioni Ricerche Informatica s.r.l.
            Tecnologie real-time per lo spazio

          • Clayton L. Workman
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 24, 2001

              Then, this will be very simple.  In Adobe Acrobat, go to Import > Image and choose the first page.  Then do it again for second page and choose “Current Document” (instead of new document) and keep doing this until all pages are imported.

              -Clayton

              ___________________________________

            • rheaultdaniel@videotron.ca
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 24, 2001
                The files are in both .gif and .tif format. The .gif are the smaller
                of the two and total almost 7mb.

                Hi Sayer,

                If you check on the CD, you'll find 3 file formats.
                a typical page in GIF (32k), in JPG (213k) and in TIF (275k).
                When a page had much more information on it,
                I increased the resolution,
                so these pages are a little larger.
                But there are very few of them.

                I know the whole manual is quite large (141 pages)
                but there has been so many requests for it,
                that many people will be using their 03R/W more effectively.

                Hoping to hear from you,
                Daniel Rheault
              • Sayer Seely
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 25, 2001
                  From: rheaultdaniel@...

                  >If you check on the CD, you'll find 3 file formats.
                  >a typical page in GIF (32k), in JPG (213k) and in TIF (275k).

                  Yes, actually I knew that, but since the .jpg format was so large I didn't mention it. :-)

                  >When a page had much more information on it,
                  >I increased the resolution,
                  >so these pages are a little larger.
                  >But there are very few of them.

                  That was a great idea!!

                  >I know the whole manual is quite large (141 pages)
                  >but there has been so many requests for it,
                  >that many people will be using their 03R/W more effectively.

                  Thanks again!

                  Sayer

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 25, 2001
                    From: "Clayton L. Workman" <cworkman@...>

                    >Then, this will be very simple. In Adobe Acrobat, go to Import > Image and
                    >choose the first page. Then do it again for second page and choose "Current
                    >Document" (instead of new document) and keep doing this until all pages are
                    >imported.

                    Thanks for the info Clayton.

                    If anyone has Acrobat please let me know.

                    Thanks,

                    Sayer

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 25, 2001

                      I have acrobat and would be more than willing to do this if I could have the scan files.

                      -Clayton

                      Clayton L. Workman, M.S.E.E.

                      office - (501) 575-4217, fax - (501) 575-4580

                      home - (501) 267-1279, cell - (501) 466-9967

                      work email - clw_work@..., home email (personal)- clw_home@...

                      web - pages.prodigy.net/claytonworkman, mp3.com/claytonworkman

                      instant message ids:  Odigo - Clayton, ICQ - 15404362, AIM - claytonworkman,

                      Yahoo - claytonworkman

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 26, 2001
                        From: "Clayton L. Workman" <clw_home@...>
                        Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:25:26 -0500

                        >I have acrobat and would be more than willing to do this if I could have the
                        >scan files.

                        Thanks Clayton!!

                        I will email you offline about this. :-)

                        Sayer

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 26, 2001
                          From: Sayer <sayerseely@...>
                          http://sayersweb.com/korg03rw.htm

                          This link has changed. The correct link to the 03R/W site is:

                          http://sayersweb.com/korg03rw (leave off the .htm)

                          Sayer