sequence synching when running from external sequencer

  • markfrancombe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2010
      I have a very early version of the ms2000R with (Hmmm what kind of software update.. cant remember how to show that Damn)

      Anyway... I usually use it using its internal sequencer controling everything.

      Now I want to change that so it is being sequencer by an external machine (the very wonderful Mobius) ...

      But to my horror, the INTERNAL sequencer will not synch up!!!

      None of the 3 synch modes seem to work, OFF, TIMBRE or VOICE.

      What should happen is a "lock to midi clock mode" that is when it recieves midi clock it should reset to first step, then keep playing in synch to the 16th step then repeat (or to whatever step you have selected)

      Instead, with EITHER of the Timbre or Voice modes it resets on EVERY note recieved. Therfore the internal sequencer hardly ever gets past step 2..

      ... whick basically means that the internal sequncer CANNOT BE USED IF YOU ARE SEQUNCING THIS MACHINE!

      Have I missed something obvious? (midi chans are all AOK before you ask)

      Has this FAULT (It IS a fault... there NO other word for it) been fixed in
      A) later software revisions or
      B) hardware revisions

      If A) GREAT!! Where can I get it?
      IF B) Well as a fault I think Korg should exchange my machine for one that works. This modern Idea (that arrived with software) that it is OK to release a machine EVEN IF IT DOESNT WORK CORRECTLY, is very irritating...
      But failing that... does anyone wanna buy mine? cos I cant use it when its not working as it should (not really a sales pitch I know - blame Korg)

      Pissed off MS2000R user.. fingers crossed that there is a solution to this... but not holding my breath...

      Mark