Recording sound from my microkorg

  • microkorgbaby
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2006
      Hi.
      I am an electronic music noob.

      I have been trying (for a while) to figure out how to record audio
      from my microkorg onto a midi sampler or something onto my pc.

      I am using Fruity Loops 5, and I do have a midi interface and am able
      to connect the microkorg to the pc (i use the sound editor quite
      often). When I use FL and try to fool around with settings, the best I
      can do is get the microkorg to act as a controller, but I wanna use
      some of my sounds as samples!

      If anyone knows how I can solve my problem, PLEASE help!

      Thanks.
    • Summa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9, 2006
        Connect Audio-Out MicroKorg with the Audio-In of you Soundcard, since
        MIDI is transmitting control and sound data but no audio signal....

        On 10 Jul 2006 at 0:54, microkorgbaby wrote:

        > Hi.
        > I am an electronic music noob.
        >
        > I have been trying (for a while) to figure out how to record audio
        > from my microkorg onto a midi sampler or something onto my pc.
        >
        > I am using Fruity Loops 5, and I do have a midi interface and am able
        > to connect the microkorg to the pc (i use the sound editor quite
        > often). When I use FL and try to fool around with settings, the best I
        > can do is get the microkorg to act as a controller, but I wanna use
        > some of my sounds as samples!
        >
        > If anyone knows how I can solve my problem, PLEASE help!
        >
        > Thanks.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Wellenform Chat So and Do 22.00 CET: http://chat.moogulator.com/
      • Sam Latone

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 11, 2006
            Yeah- if you are wanting to do audio RECORDING of the sounds in mK, you will
            need some sort of interface that accepts line signal.

          • microkorgbaby
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 11, 2006
              Thanks everyone for the help...I'll be sure to check out these options.