downloading new patches in microkorg from OSX Powerbook?

  • squadstudios
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
      I downloaded the microKorg Sound Editor from the site...and I understand how to
      actually make changes to sounds in there...but as far as downloading some of the the
      patches say on this site....I just can't seem to figure it out.

      How can I put downloaded sounds/patches onto my micorKorg using my powerbook
      running osx and going through a midi sport uno? Can it be done through the sound
      editor?

      Help would be appreciated

      Thanks
      Josh
    • Quincas Moreira
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2006
        Josh, looks like us Mac users are a lonely group within this group. I
        think the patch file created by the mac version of the editor is just
        different and incompatible to the PC version and vice versa. There just
        arent any MAc users creating and posting their patches. I myself am
        guilty, I haven't had the time to really delve into programming the MK.
        But when I do I'll start posting my MAC patches, and I suggest other
        Mac users do the same!
        Peace

        On Feb 3, 2006, at 3:15 AM, squadstudios wrote:

        > I downloaded the microKorg Sound Editor from the site...and I
        > understand how to
        > actually make changes to sounds in there...but as far as downloading
        > some of the the
        > patches say on this site....I just can't seem to figure it out.
        >
        > How can I put downloaded sounds/patches onto my micorKorg using my
        > powerbook
        > running osx and going through a midi sport uno? Can it be done
        > through the sound
        > editor?
        >
        > Help would be appreciated
        >
        > Thanks
        > Josh

        > Sampler
        > Electronic instrument
        > Korg synthesizer
        > Synthesizer
        > Ms2000
        > Music synthesizers
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > ▪  Visit your group "Korg-Club" on the web.

        > Service.

        Quincas Moreira
        Quinquilharia Entertainment Industries
        www.sambapunk.com

      • Nick Vardalos
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
          hi

          There's an app in the files page for Korg-club that converts prg files
          to.syx files posted by goyousalukis - go nuts!

          Regards,
          Nick Vardalos
          Mobile 0410 56 6425
          Fax 9522 4680
          Email
          drsquidd@...
          nick@...
          squiddco@...

          website:
          http://www.cafebido.com.au
          homepage:
          http://homepage.mac.com/drsquidd

          ----------

          --
          The contents of this email are confidential. If you are not the intended

          recipient, you must not disclose, copy or use the contents in any way.
          If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify us

          immediately by return email. It is the recipient's responsibility to
          screen this message and any attachments for computer viruses. Any views

          expressed in this email are not to be taken as the views of the company
          or any related business entity unless expressly stated to the contrary.

        • Quincas Moreira
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
            Thank you Nick!!!