microKORG and Sandstorm

  • Evan Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      is it possible to get the microKORG to sound like the song Sandstorm?

      thanks
    • blazrodic
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
        You mean Sandstorm by Darude? That whole thing was produced on a
        Yamaha Rm1x, which has a pretty crappy tone generator (think XG
        soundset with more dance sounds, like CS1x). So get a Rm1x ;)

        Or you could try using oscillator sync or maybe DWGS waveforms with
        distortion. The lead sound is otherwise very similar to the "hard
        core", "rave", "rave lead" etc. presets I've heard on other synths...
        Peace,

        --- In Korg-Club@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Brown" <brak@k...> wrote:
        > is it possible to get the microKORG to sound like the song
        Sandstorm?

        > thanks
      • blazrodic
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004