[Korg] Well, well, well.... MicroKontrol has OSX support.

  • Nick Vardalos
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 1, 2004
      Is there anyone from Korg on the list around that can tell us WHY
      Microkontrol has OSX support (even a new patch for Panther) but still
      nothing for the Microkorg?
      What¹s up with that?

      Maybe I should choose a real cause.

    • JARED
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 2, 2004
        on 2/1/04 7:23 AM, Nick Vardalos at drsquidd@... wrote:

        Is there anyone from Korg on the list around that can tell us WHY
        Microkontrol has OSX support (even a new patch for Panther) but still
        nothing for the Microkorg?
        What¹s up with that?

        Maybe I should choose a real cause.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        Isn't there even an editor? I'm thinking of upgrading to OSX. And would be
        really disappointed if I couldn't save my patches or use a gui to edit my
        patches.

      • general_cosmo
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 2, 2004
          --- In Korg-Club@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Johnson" <memusic@c...> wrote:
          > thinking "what was I thinking?" If I could stay married I'd buy the
          > Q from you outright right now for $1000. Man I remember when you
          can
          > touch one for under $2800 like 5 minutes ago. The Q is a fabulous
          > synth from a company that prides itself on difference and quality
          > even though they aren't the lockstep of eveyone's choice.

          Well, don't feel bad about risking your marriage for my Q, after a
          few days of reflection I decided to keep it :) What I did turned out
          pretty cool, I built a little support rack for my MS2000R so it rests
          directly behind and above the Q and midi'd them together. It looks
          like a bizarre 70's modular system now with the yellow Q and MS2000R
          sitting up at an angle behind it.

          However, I am selling the JD800 I bought used a few months ago :)

          Dennis
        • Big Chief Crazy Noise
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 3, 2004
            Hey gang,

            This may be slightly OT, but lately my MicroKorg SoundEditor refuses to
            communicate with my MicroKorg! I tested everything in Pro Tools, and it is
            definitely sending and receiving. Has anyone had this problem? Thank you!

            on 02/2/2004 12:11 am, JARED at beatkeeper@... wrote:

            on 2/1/04 7:23 AM, Nick Vardalos at drsquidd@... wrote:

            Is there anyone from Korg on the list around that can tell us WHY
            Microkontrol has OSX support (even a new patch for Panther) but still
            nothing for the Microkorg?
            What¹s up with that?

            Maybe I should choose a real cause.

            Yahoo! Groups Links
            To visit your group on the web, go to:

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            Isn't there even an editor? I'm thinking of upgrading to OSX. And would be
            really disappointed if I couldn't save my patches or use a gui to edit my
            patches.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 5, 2004
              have you checked your OMS settings in the micro sound editor? And or
              made sure that the right channel is selected in the midi monitor? If you
              have already checked those then I have no idea.