Re: Midi out problem...???

  • neuroziz
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
      --- In Korg-Club@yahoogroups.com, "2psycho" <2psycho@a...> wrote:
      > If midi clock is set to external it would do this.
      >

      > Chris Anderson

      Chris thanx for replying so quick... The clock was ser to auto i
      changed it back to internal, how=ever it didn't fix my problem... I
      also turn any feature that can genarate a midi out signal and
      still... this is driving me mad...
    • digisounder2001
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
        Actually it's the other way around. Set the midi clock to Ext and it
        should stop. If you still see midi activity, then it is the "Midi
        active sensing". Don't let the leds bother you, this is normal.

        When clock is set to Int or Auto, the midi activity you see is the
        MS2K sending midi clock so that it acts as master midi clock device.
        This is the case with all synths that react to midi clock.

        The only time that sending midi clock will cause you problems is when
        you dump patches to a computer, because there will be a lot of midi
        activity and some bytes will be lost. When you dump patches, make
        sure to set the clock to Ext.

        I also suggest you update the OS to the latest 1.07, it improves the
        arp's timing a lot.

        Daniel S.

        --- In Korg-Club@yahoogroups.com, "neuroziz" <7milez@b...> wrote:
        > --- In Korg-Club@yahoogroups.com, "2psycho" <2psycho@a...> wrote:
        > > If midi clock is set to external it would do this.
        > >

        > > Chris Anderson
        > >

        > Chris thanx for replying so quick... The clock was ser to auto i
        > changed it back to internal, how=ever it didn't fix my problem... I
        > also turn any feature that can genarate a midi out signal and
        > still... this is driving me mad...
      • Corey Allison
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
          i am in the process of installing the new v.1.07 OS. i know there is a post somewhere on this yahoogroups site that is basically a how to on this (never done it before). can someone kindly point me towards that?

          excited!
          corey

          > If midi clock is set to external it would do this.
          >

          > Chris Anderson

          Chris thanx for replying so quick... The clock was ser to auto i
          changed it back to internal, how=ever it didn't fix my problem... I
          also turn any feature that can genarate a midi out signal and
          still... this is driving me mad...

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Bill Manganaro
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
            GO to:

            www.midiox.com

            get the MIDI-OX program, install it, run the MIDI OUT from the KORG to your
            PC MIDI IN and analyze the message type being sent by the 2000. MIDI-OX will
            display the MIDI message type being sent. This will help you. The message
            might be active sense or something like that ... At least you will know what
            it is. this MIDI-OX will definately help you see in the dark !!!

            Bill

            > > If midi clock is set to external it would do this.
            > >

            > > Chris Anderson
            > >

            > Chris thanx for replying so quick... The clock was ser to auto i
            > changed it back to internal, how=ever it didn't fix my problem... I
            > also turn any feature that can genarate a midi out signal and
            > still... this is driving me mad...

          • neuroziz
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
              To everybody that replyed to my problem ... Thank you... I'm going to
              download midiox to see what the proplem is...

              Thanks to everybody
            • digisounder2001
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 3, 2003
                You're welcome, but I don't think midiox will show midi active
                sensing, at least it didn't show it to me (maybe some midi filters
                were on that I couldn't figure out how to disable?)

                Daniel S.

                --- In Korg-Club@yahoogroups.com, "neuroziz" <7milez@b...> wrote:
                > To everybody that replyed to my problem ... Thank you... I'm going
                > download midiox to see what the proplem is...
                >
                > Thanks to everybody
              • neuroziz
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 3, 2003
                  --- In Korg-Club@yahoogroups.com, "digisounder2001"
                  <digisounder@h...> wrote:
                  > You're welcome, but I don't think midiox will show midi active
                  > sensing, at least it didn't show it to me (maybe some midi filters
                  > were on that I couldn't figure out how to disable?)

                  Well at this time after trying so many things i get hope out of any
                  new idea... I have alot of syx file from the groups i would love to
                  hear and also back up all of mine... i just keep changing them and
                  sampling them because i can't back up the machine... so like i said
                  i'll try midiox and if that doesn't work then ... time to get the
                  wallet ready so i can get it fixed... i just don't want to pay alot
                  of money and find out later it was something stupid i overlooked...

                  But thanks ... i'll keed making my sequences and sampling them
                  because they fall of beat... because of the old Os ...

                  KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!... Peace in the east ... And thanks to all of
                  you who took the time for me...