Re: [FriendsOfMS2000] new track with MS2K

  • Michael Miccoli
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
      Ok, that kind of helps a little then. I liked the track's beat and sound.
      The thing that struck me is it seems a little repetitive. There doesn't
      seem to be very much going on. I think the song would be really great if
      you were spinning it and used a sampler to add more depth to it. I am also
      a dj and have made quite a few tracks that were just drums and maybe a
      bassline. But I also have my laptop (for Rebirth and Reaktor) and one or
      more of my synths and samplers to add to it. I think this track would be
      great for that purpose. However, as a song by itself, it doesn't seem to
      have much to it. I think you might try to rip out a lead or something using
      the MS2K. It just seems to be kind of unfinished. If you made it with the
      intention of adding stuff to it in the booth, then it is really good.

      Now that I have given you some critical reviews, feel free to hit my site up
      and tell me what you think.

      Mike Miccoli
      http://www.mp3.com/djmystykmike

      >From: "gary saville" <garysaville@...>
      >To: <FriendsOfMS2000@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: Re: [FriendsOfMS2000] new track with MS2K
      >Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:52:25 -0700
      >
      >I love the feedback. I'm primarily a DJ. so I write with records in mind..
      >Long mixable into's and outro's and blendable tracky feel. but any
      >sugestions to improve would be great> Would you mind a little critical
      >review of this track?
      >

      >Gary
      >ocylate@...
      >www.fatbeatsinc.com
      >www.heilo.com
      >

      > >Would you mind a little critical review of this track?
      >
      > > Mike Miccoli
      > > www.audioenergy.net
      > > www.mp3.com/djmystykmike
      > > www.mp3.com/mikemiccoli