Filtering knob movement

  • wotzitwotzit@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2001
      Hello!

      I have Cubase running along with a Korg X5D and an MS2000R. both
      Synths are set to "local off" and are on channels 1 and 3
      respectively. Each one has it's own MIDI in/out running to seperate
      soundcards (SW1000XG/ SB Live Platinum). Each synth plays fine, but
      when I am using them for controllers for softsynths,(real knobs kick
      ass!) the sound on the MS2000R is affected as well as the soft synth!
      I was wondering if there is a way to set the MS2000R knobs to send
      MIDI controller data without affecting the internal sound.

      Any help would be great.

      Cheers,

      Wotzit.
    • Patrick McAndrew
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2001
        I'm not sure if you CAN do that with the MS2000, but one thing you can do,
        that will work is this:

        1. You must have a single timbre program.
        2. Load up the sound you want to play onteh MS2k into timbre 1
        3. Initalize or load up some other sound into timbre 2.
        4. Set the midi channels (3 for timbre 1 i assume? 4 for timbre 2)
        5. Set your soft synths to recv on channel 4.
        6. Switch to timbre 2, and turn the volume of the AMP all the way
        down to zone, so no sound comes out. This is not master volume.
        7. Rock on.

        With this setup you can have your original patch chug along with your
        sequencer, and make all the knob movements you want on the other timbre,
        and as long as the volume is down, you won't hear anything.

        If you have a two timbre setup, then the solution I mentioned isn't
        possible. Anyone have any other ideas for a backup or a smarter way to do
        it?

        Pat

      • wotzitwotzit@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2001
          Thanks for the workaround pat! I'll give it a shot.

          Cheers,

          Wotzit.