December 22, 2013

  • JewsInHarrisburg@...
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2013

      December 22, 2013
      A Merry and Blessed Christmas To Our Christian Readers

      Historic B'nai Jacob Synagogue, Water and Nissley Street in Middletown,
      will conduct Shabbat
      Service on Friday, January 10th at 7:30 pm.
      We are a Community Shul, all are welcome.

      Tel 717-319-3014 Visit web site for more information
      www.bnai-jacob.org

      Shalom Baby

      Did you recently have a baby?
      Do you know someone who did?
      Let us know!

      Shalom Baby Gift Bags

      Designed for new parents, the Shalom Baby gift bag is filled with Jewish-themed gifts, resources, and special information and offers from the Harrisburg Jewish Community. We would love to provide you with one of these gift bags compliments of Shalom Baby and many of Harrisburg's Jewish community agencies. Delivered to you by one of our volunteers, the Shalom Baby gift bag is designed to help you connect to the Harrisburg Jewish community.

      Please Contact Leslie Wiener 717-236-9555 X3106 or l.wiener@... if you have any questions.

      This program is funded by the Lipsett Fund of the Jewish Foundation of Central Pennsylvania

      http://www.elabs10.com/c.html?ufl=4&rtr=on&s=x8pbf2,1qxu8,2i3b,i6e7,tlb,6gch,29gp

      Upcoming Programs

      Saturday February 1, 2014
      7 pm
      Jewish Community Center

      Enjoy: For one price: Professional Monte Carlo games; live & silent auctions filled with a variety of fantastic merchandise; delicious hors d’ouvres and wine & beer, and music.
      Texas Hold ‘Em Tournament where special prizes will be awarded to the top winne
      rs!

      Click here to register

      Community Havadallah
      Saturday, February 8, 2014
      7:00—8:30 pm
      For: Kindergarten—7th graders

      There is no fee for this event.
      Join us in the Mary Sachs Auditorium for Havdallah, a performance by the Harrisburg Jewish Youth Choir and activities in the pool and gym.

      Please have your child wear their swim suit under their clothes.
      Please RSVP to your religious school principal or Andrea by February 2
      .

      LAST MINUTE HOLIDAY SHOPPING AND NEW YEARS!!!

      Do your online shopping deals and help the Harrisburg JCC!

      Harrisburg JCC has its very own internet shopping page!. Through our shopping site, you can shop at over 400 merchants, including Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart and roughly 5% of your purchases will come back to our JCC, at no additional cost to you. Help our community through your regular online shopping!

      Iddy/Biddy Basketball
      Sundays January 5 to February 23 (8 sessions)

      Iddy Girls Ages: 5 & 6
      4:00 – 5:00 pm

      Biddy Girls Ages: 7 to 9
      4:00 – 5:00 pm

      Iddy Boys Ages: 5 & 6
      5:00 – 6:00 pm

      Biddy Boys Ages: 7 to 9
      5:00 – 6:00 pm

      Cost:$82/Regular Rate
      $50/JCC Member Discount Rate

      To register call 236-9555 ext. 0 or questions contact Terri

      Your Old Clothes
      Can Help the Jewish Federation
      of Greater Harrisburg

      Is your closet crowded with clothes you don't wear anymore? Bag it and bring it here!

      The Jewish Federation of Greater
      Harrisburg
      has partnered with Community Aid to place a clothing collection bin at the edge of our parking lot (near the Bergner Street entrance.)

      The Federation with be given a quarterly grant per pound of every article of clothing
      n the bin. That money can help us continue to thrive! But only those items placed in OUR bin.

      All clothing items must be in plastic bags.

      Please do not drop off your clothes at the JCC.

      JCC Winter Centerpieces available online

      click here to see what is happening at the Silver Academy

      Jewish News and Views From Around the Nation and Around The World

      Click here: Bomb explodes on bus in Bat Yam
      | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

      Click here: Edgar Bronfman, philanthropist and Jewish communal leader, dies at 84
      | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

      Click here: An Arab & A Jew On: ASA Academic Boycott
      #r/segment/asa-academic-boycott-israel/52a9f4062b8c2a2553000423#r/segment/

      Association of American University Statement on ASA Boycott

      Click here: Op-Ed: Stop the dishonest academic boycott
      | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

      Click here: Bomb explodes on bus in Bat Yam
      | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

      Click here: Israeli entry out, Palestine entry still in Oscar race |
      Jewish Telegraphic Agency

      Click here: Lacking long-term plans, many U.S. Jewish cemeteries in neglect | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

      kirschen, dry bones, dry bones cartoon,christians, islamism, islamists, jihad, middle east, terrorism, terror, religion, christmas

      Do You Have a Product, Business or Service You'd like Promote ???
      Learn About Commercial and Classified Advertising
      in Kol Harrisburg...

      Reach 1400 Qualified Potential Customers in Harrisburg

      Contact Ed Beck: JewsinHarrisburg@...

      Dr. Ed Beck
      Publisher and Editor.

      Kol Harrisburg

      friendlymensch@...
      717.576.5038

      Kol Harrisburg
      ...Serving Harrisburg Jewish Community since 1999
      Now Nearly 1400 Subscribers...And It's Always Been Free