Obituary: Galina Kozhevnik (z'l)

  • JewsInHarrisburg@...
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10 1:44 AM
      December 9, 2013

      Obituary: Galina Kozhevnik (z'l)

      Galina Kozhevnik (z'l), 66, passed away on December 8, 2013 at the Hershey Medical Center. Galina was born on August 23, 1947 in Moscow, Russia to Boris Polyak and the late Hanna Polyak. She attended High School in Russia, graduating in 1964 and graduated from university with an associate’s degree in Industrial Engineering in 1966. In 1967 Galina married the love of her life, Volf Kozhevnik, her husband of 46 years. In 1990 she immigrated to America. During her time in America, Galina worked for the Yeshiva Academy in Harrisburg for a time before moving on to Boscov’s. She began her career at Boscov’s in sales and moved up to assistant manager. She worked in management until her retirement.

      Galina loved life and was loved by many.  She was always surrounded by friends and family and that was very important to her.  She had a big hart and unconditional love for her children.  Her family was her life that’s what kept her going.  She had an amazing sense of humor and was always able to make you laugh.  She loved to travel and enjoyed working especially at Boscov’s as she loved being around people.   She loved music and played multiple instruments when she was younger. She was a very strong woman and knew how to fight for what she wants.  She is our hero and we hope that we can make her proud.  Nothing can fill the emptiness in our hearts but we know she is the better place now.  We love you and will miss you very much.  Please rest in peace mom and don’t worry about us, we will be ok now.

      Galina is survived by her father Boris Polyak, her beloved husband Volf Kozhevnik, her son Oleg Kozhevnik & wife Natalya, her daughter Yelena Weaver & husband Anthony, her 2 sisters: Olga Kantar & husband Yakov and Ella Volfson & husband Michael and 2 grandchildren: Angela Kozhevnick and Dillon Weaver.

      Funeral Services for Galina will be held on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at the Bookstaber Chapel at Mt. Moriah cemetery. Services will begin at 2pm with burial to follow. Rabbi Peter Kessler will officiate. To view the complete obituary or to leave an online condolence please visit us at HetrickBitner.com or on Facebook.