December 5, 2013

  • JewsInHarrisburg@...
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2013
      December 5, 2013

      Shiva Information for Al Bryant (z'l)

      Shiva will be observed at Al’s home - 4232 Kota Dr, Harrisburg 17110 on:
      Wednesday from 7 - 9pm
      Thursday 1 - 4pm & 7 - 9pm
      Friday 12 - 2pm

      One-Day CPR Course at KI
      First Aid

      What:
      Ruby Rosenberg will be offering a one-day CPR class. In just 4.5 hours we can all gain this potentially life-saving information.

      When
      : Sunday, December 22nd from 12:00 - 4:30 PM

      Where: Kesher Israel Congregation, 2500 N. Third St., Harrisburg, PA  17110

      Please e-mail rabbimlaes@... to reserve your spot. Thank you!

      BREAKFAST 'N LEARN @ BETH EL TEMPLE
      Sunday, December 15
      9:30 a.m. Breakfast, 10:00 a.m. Program
      with guest speaker Max Pearlstein

      SOCIAL MEDIA: IT'S TIME TO JOIN THE CONVERSATION, BUT WHICH ONE?
      From Facebook to Vine, and LinkedIn to Pinterest, learn about how social media has changed the way we communicate.
      Don't leave home without your hashtags!

      Max Pearlstein is the Director of Online Marketing for Dickinson College.  He oversees the design and content of Dickinson's web presence, including the college's website and social media channels.  Max came to higher education after working as a broadcast journalist for both public and commercial television stations in New England.

      On December 15, Minyan at 9 a.m. will be followed by breakfast at 9:30 and a fascinating program and discussion at 10.  RSVP's to the Beth El Temple Office at 232-0556 are appreciated.  A $5 donation is kindly requested to cover the cost of breakfast.  Please join us!

      Jewish Fiction .net is delighted to announce its Twelfth Issue!

      Welcome to this fabulous Chanukah issue of Jewish Fiction .net! In honour of the holiday we bring you a story about Judith, because in the Middle Ages the Chanukah heroes we celebrated were not only the Maccabees, but also Judith, who saved the Israelites through her bravery.

      In addition, you’ll find here 15 first-rate works of fiction (originally written in Polish, French, Hebrew, and English), and set in China, Germany, Scotland, Poland, ancient Israel, modern Israel, the United States, and on an emigrants’ boat bound for the United States. Sixteen terrific stories for your pleasure! For more details, see our preface.

      We hope you enjoy these stories. Please feel free to share them with friends and family and to follow us on facebook and twitter.

      Wishing you and those you love a Happy Chanukah and a holiday filled with light. Chag urim sameach! from all of us at

      Jewish Fiction .net

      Click here to go to Issue 12, containing work by:

      Yehoshua Sobol

      Tova Mirvis

      Shemi Zarhin

      Levi Aryeh Arieli

      Leanore Ickstadt

      John J. Clayton

      Wendy Zierler

      Henri Raczymow

      Marek Hlasko

      and more...

      Welcome to Jewish Fiction .net, a journal committed to showcasing the finest contemporary Jewish writing (either written in, or translated into, English), and creating a virtual home for writers and readers of Jewish fiction from around the world. Unique among English-language Jewish journals today, only Jewish Fiction .net is devoted exclusively to the publishing of Jewish fiction. We are proud to be able to fill this niche within the international Jewish literary community, and are thrilled to be sharing with you our latest issue.

      The founding editor of Jewish Fiction .net, Dr. Nora Gold, can be contacted at nora.gold@...

      Jewish News And Views From Around The Nation and Around The World

      Nelson Mandela was close to Jews, resolutely loyal to Palestinians

      Nelson Mandela and Zionism | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com

      From the Archive: Nelson Mandela and the Jews