Re: Holocaust victims were sinners...Israeli Rabbi <.FWD>

  • Albqbill@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2000
      I was dismayed by Rabbi Yosef's comments when I heard them this morning. I
      have contacted friends who are leaders in both the orthodox and chasidic
      communities. While I do not want to quote them, I can tell you unequivocally
      that Yosef is not highly thought of (oh, I so admire my controlled use of
      words....my friends were not so controlled) by either the orthodox or even
      the chasidic communities. It appears the only support he has is from the
      followers of Kahane and the JDLers.

      While Shas does have some political potency in israel, it has almost zero
      theological potency. Off the record, no one I spoke to had any good words to
      say about Yosef. I even found out the the Lubavitcher Rabbi refused to meet
      with him.

      One Rabbi told me Yosef's view is more closely aligned with Budhist theology
      than Jewish theology. While he will undoubtably will get some press, he will
      get no legitimacy from any branch of judaism.
      Bill