Greeting Fellow KNITTERS!!

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 18, 2006
      Greetings!

      It's been so long since I've seen and heard anything All Y'all Knitters!!

      I have some great news to share with everyone. Earlier this year, I sent an email to the Martha Stewart Show asking if Martha would like to learn to knit like a "Real Man?"

      Yesterday, I got a response from her show. Here it is:

      Hi Harlan,

        I think you'd be perfect for a segment I'm working on called, "People
        call me Martha Stewart."

        Would you be able to put together a home video giving reasons why?

        This is what I'm looking for:
        People Call Me "Martha Stewart"
        Do your friends and family say you are just like Martha? Are your
        recipes, crafts, and other creations award-worthy? If so, now is your
        chance to show off. Send us a videotape telling us why people call you
        Martha Stewart and display your very best decorations, recipes, crafts,
        Good Things, and anything else that is "so Martha," and we may broadcast
        your video on the show, or even invite you to be a guest.

        The video should be on DVD or VHS, no more than five minutes long.  Have
        FUN with it, be as creative as you can, we'll be showing the best (and
        funniest) videos on the show.

      I talked to Miriam, at Knit NY, and she's game! I have a friend who's a producer and I think he'd be willing to film and edit the it.

      So ........... who would be interested in being in the film? And who would be willing to meet and story-board this short?

      Knitters-Unite!!

      Harlan
      --
      Harlan Pruden
      646.351.7360 - Cell
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 18, 2006
        Re: [KnitBoyzNY] Greeting Fellow KNITTERS!! Excellent — congrats Harlan!

        The fun twist in this video is that it would be a group of Marthas rather than an individual. And all MEN! The email doesn’t mention a deadline. Can you find out?

        Call me Martha!

        Congrats again,

        Jim Keller

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 18, 2006
          I just talked to Vaia Abatzis, the women who sent us the email from MARTHA. She said that if we could get a our tape in by first week in Sept. they would use it on their season opening show of Sept. 12th. She also said that maybe later on in the year, she would like to do a segment on men who craft and have us on her show again.

          Who's game for the video?
          -h

          On 8/18/06, Jim Keller <jim@...

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 23, 2006
            Hi Harlan, (and Jim K)

            Good go. Sounds like fun. I could bring my spinning wheel if it is not a knit only thing. We
            can get big John to crochet. Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea to have people doing
            different crafts since that would be a natural lead in to the follow up program in the
            spring.

            I've been swamped with mucho work lately and will be even more so when school starts
            over the next couple weeks, but if you are looking for "extras", let me know when and
            where to show up. Although, I have to admit, my friends stopped referring to me as
            Martha awhile back since the housecleaning has fallen by the way side. I think I am now
            referred to as the rather unfortunate character in Peanuts, the guy with the dustcloud,
            Pigpen.

            I've stopped by Boys Nite a few times over the summer. Nice to see Amy and a couple
            others, but otherwise it appears to have been pretty slow. Hopefully things will pick up in
            the fall. I guess only the truly hardcore think fiber in the summer.

            Best,

            Jim

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 25, 2006
              Greetings Knitting Guyz!
              I've contacted the show and said that we are very interested in doing this segment, but we will not be able to meet the deadline of Sept. 12th. I told her our group doesn't getting to full swing until the fall.

              Since we are pushing back the due date, we should really have a planning meeting for the shoot. I believe I can get my friend Kevin to shoot and edit it for us. Who's game? And when should be all meet?

              let me know what y'all think?

              -h

              --
              Harlan Pruden
              646.351.7360 - Cell
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 25, 2006
                I just now have begun to pick up my knitting again.
                I'll be there if you guys need another extra. Is the
                Boys Night out on Friday? thanks

                === message truncated ===