Yarn Sale at Joan Vass

  • jimbobspins
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2006
      Hey guys, check this out.

      A great yarn sale.

      Joan Vass
      208 West 30th Street
      11th Floor
      (I think it is between 7th and 8th Ave.)
      212 213 0405

      Read on:

      Went today. Glad I did. Sunday is my birthday so....I thought I'd
      treat myself.

      There was a lot of very nice yarn. Almost all in bags. The bags
      are dusty, so bring some hand wipes.

      I bought a lot of neutrals for overdying; cotton/wool, cotton/alpaca,
      cotton/linen, wool/silk, merinos, some superwash (takes dye
      well). Almost all in bags of ten. White, ivory, beige, greys and
      tweeds for me, but they had colors as well.

      Manufacturers included Plassard, Austerman, Baruffa, Noro (not
      a lot), Annie Blatt, Lane Borgosesia (haven't seen that in a while),
      Stahl Wolle. I bought all the nice stuff . Nothing left. Just kidding
      :-)

      I was told the sale will continue all next week as well.

      Jim