137Re: Greeting Fellow KNITTERS!!

  • jimbobspins
    Aug 23, 2006
      Hi Harlan, (and Jim K)

      Good go. Sounds like fun. I could bring my spinning wheel if it is not a knit only thing. We
      can get big John to crochet. Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea to have people doing
      different crafts since that would be a natural lead in to the follow up program in the
      spring.

      I've been swamped with mucho work lately and will be even more so when school starts
      over the next couple weeks, but if you are looking for "extras", let me know when and
      where to show up. Although, I have to admit, my friends stopped referring to me as
      Martha awhile back since the housecleaning has fallen by the way side. I think I am now
      referred to as the rather unfortunate character in Peanuts, the guy with the dustcloud,
      Pigpen.

      I've stopped by Boys Nite a few times over the summer. Nice to see Amy and a couple
      others, but otherwise it appears to have been pretty slow. Hopefully things will pick up in
      the fall. I guess only the truly hardcore think fiber in the summer.

      Best,

      Jim

      --- In KnitBoyzNY@yahoogroups.com, "Harlan Pruden" <hpruden@...> wrote:

      > I just talked to Vaia Abatzis, the women who sent us the email from MARTHA.
      > She said that if we could get a our tape in by first week in Sept. they
      > would use it on their season opening show of Sept. 12th. She also said that
      > maybe later on in the year, she would like to do a segment on men who craft
      > and have us on her show again.
      >
      > Who's game for the video?
      > -h
      >

      > On 8/18/06, Jim Keller <jim@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Excellent — congrats Harlan!
      > >
      > > The fun twist in this video is that it would be a group of Marthas rather
      > > than an individual. And all MEN! The email doesn't mention a deadline. Can
      > > you find out?
      > >
      > > Call me Martha!
      > >
      > > Congrats again,
      > >
      > > Jim Keller
      > >
      > > ------------------------------
      > > *From: *Harlan Pruden <hpruden@...>
      > > *Date: *Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:28:13 -0400
      > > *To: *<KnitBoyzNY@yahoogroups.com>
      > > *Subject: *[KnitBoyzNY] Greeting Fellow KNITTERS!!
      > >

      > > Greetings!
      > >
      > > It's been so long since I've seen and heard anything All Y'all Knitters!!
      > >
      > > I have some great news to share with everyone. Earlier this year, I sent
      > > an email to the Martha Stewart Show asking if Martha would like to learn to
      > > knit like a "Real Man?"
      > >
      > > Yesterday, I got a response from her show. Here it is:
      > >
      > > Hi Harlan,
      > >
      > > I think you'd be perfect for a segment I'm working on called, "People
      > > call me Martha Stewart."
      > >
      > > Would you be able to put together a home video giving reasons why?
      > >
      > > This is what I'm looking for:
      > > People Call Me "Martha Stewart"
      > > Do your friends and family say you are just like Martha? Are your
      > > recipes, crafts, and other creations award-worthy? If so, now is your
      > > chance to show off. Send us a videotape telling us why people call you
      > > Martha Stewart and display your very best decorations, recipes, crafts,
      > > Good Things, and anything else that is "so Martha," and we may broadcast
      > >
      > > your video on the show, or even invite you to be a guest.
      > >
      > > The video should be on DVD or VHS, no more than five minutes long. Have
      > > FUN with it, be as creative as you can, we'll be showing the best (and
      > > funniest) videos on the show.
      > >
      > > I talked to Miriam, at Knit NY, and she's game! I have a friend who's a
      > > producer and I think he'd be willing to film and edit the it.
      > >
      > > So ........... who would be interested in being in the film? And who would
      > > be willing to meet and story-board this short?
      > >
      > > Knitters-Unite!!
      > >
      > > Harlan
      > > --
      > > Harlan Pruden