anyone knit the body in the round?

  • mdsvc89
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 10, 2005
      I've looked at this pattern, and can't really see a reason not to do it.

      Reasons to do it:
      1- the stripes will "match up" front and back.
      2 - no seaming!!!!
      3 - all knit (faster for me than 1 row knit, one row purl)
      4 - no seaming!!!!

      Any thoughts are appreciated.

      -Michelle
    • Elabeth

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 10, 2005
          The stripes will be thinner, but I don't know thats
          really a bad thing. Could look very cool (and be less
          work!)

          --- mdsvc89 <mdsmith@...> wrote:

          > I've looked at this pattern, and can't really see a
          > reason not to do it.
          >
          > Reasons to do it:
          > 1- the stripes will "match up" front and back.
          > 2 - no seaming!!!!
          > 3 - all knit (faster for me than 1 row knit, one row
          > purl)
          > 4 - no seaming!!!!
          >
          > Any thoughts are appreciated.
          >
          > -Michelle

          > --------------------~-->
          > Yahoo! your home page

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/PTTolB/TM

        • Roxanne Yeun
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 10, 2005
            I agree...there's no real reason not to do it...and if you have reasons to do it, go for it!  I think we should be allowed to do whatever we want when we knit and if we want to knit in the round, make smaller stripes, why not?  I say GO FOR IT!  Can't wait to see it too....

            --- mdsvc89 <mdsmith@...> wrote:

            > I've looked at this pattern, and can't really see a
            > reason not to do it.
            >
            > Reasons to do it:
            > 1- the stripes will "match up" front and back.
            > 2 - no seaming!!!!
            > 3 - all knit (faster for me than 1 row knit, one row
            > purl)
            > 4 - no seaming!!!!
            >
            > Any thoughts are appreciated.
            >
            > -Michelle

            ____________________________________
            "Success is a Journey; not a Destination"
            "Walk by Faith; not by Sight"

          • Tracy
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 19, 2005
              I also did my arms in the round until the garter stitches then knit
              back and forth for the rest. SO much less finishing!

              Tracy

              --- In Klaralund@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne Yeun <roxanne_yeun@y...> wrote:

              > I agree...there's no real reason not to do it...and if you have
              reasons to do it, go for it! I think we should be allowed to do
              whatever we want when we knit and if we want to knit in the round,
              make smaller stripes, why not? I say GO FOR IT! Can't wait to see it
              too....

              > Francois <francois_attree@y...> wrote:
              > The stripes will be thinner, but I don't know thats
              > really a bad thing. Could look very cool (and be less
              > work!)
              >
              > --- mdsvc89 <mdsmith@z...> wrote:
              >
              > > I've looked at this pattern, and can't really see a
              > > reason not to do it.
              > >
              > > Reasons to do it:
              > > 1- the stripes will "match up" front and back.
              > > 2 - no seaming!!!!
              > > 3 - all knit (faster for me than 1 row knit, one row
              > > purl)
              > > 4 - no seaming!!!!
              > >
              > > Any thoughts are appreciated.
              > >
              > > -Michelle
              >

              > ____________________________________
              > "Success is a Journey; not a Destination"
              > "Walk by Faith; not by Sight"

              > Find your next car at Yahoo! Canada Autos

            • Tanya
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
                Tracy, so you did the body in the round? How did it come out? I
                really like the idea but I have had things get stretchy and didn't
                like it.

                Thanks!
                Tanya

                --- In Klaralund@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy" <tracyannekelly@g...>