Kinda Klaralund is finally finished

  • gretchendshah
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
      My much-altered version of Klara is finished at last. This was my
      first sweater and I started it way back in September. Too many
      projects going at once. :) Since I used a solid color yarn, I felt
      like I needed to jazz it up a bit, so I added lace around the hem and
      the bottom of the sleeves and changed the proportions of the sleeves a
      bit. The details are all here:

      http://www.livejournal.com/users/gretchenshah/37343.html

      The link above includes a link to the pictures, but if you want to
      skip right to those, then use the link below.

      http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gretchendshah/album?.dir=8073

      Thanks for letting me tag along! I learned a lot here.
    • Roxanne Delorme
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
        Very pretty and I like your alterations to the pattern too...your first sweater?  Sure looks great for a first sweater...congrats on a FO!  I couldn't access your blog though...can you send the link again?  It's asking for a password and to log in to view.

        gretchendshah <gretchendshah@...> wrote:

        My much-altered version of Klara is finished at last.  This was my
        first sweater and I started it way back in September.  Too many
        projects going at once.  :)  Since I used a solid color yarn, I felt
        like I needed to jazz it up a bit, so I added lace around the hem and
        the bottom of the sleeves and changed the proportions of the sleeves a
        bit.  The details are all here:

        http://www.livejournal.com/users/gretchenshah/37343.html

        The link above includes a link to the pictures, but if you want to
        skip right to those, then use the link below.

        http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gretchendshah/album?.dir=8073

        Thanks for letting me tag along!  I learned a lot here.

        "Success is a Journey, not a Destination"
        "Walk by Faith, not by Sight"
        "Our body is precious.  It is a vehicle for awakening.
             Treat it with care."  (Buddha)

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Amanda DeVer

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
            Sorry about that. It looks like I had it protected by accident. The
            link should work now. Thanks for the congrats!

            =====
            --
            Gretchen

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Ruanne13@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
              That is fabulous! Still has the Klaralund flavor from the construction, and the addition of lace  adds a lot of flair to the solid color. Now, back to read the modifications more carefully to figure out why your fit is so much more flattering than mine...
            • Gretchen Shah
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
                Thanks! The one thing I did that affects the fit most significantly
                was to narrow the sleeves at the top by an inch. That makes the seam
                hit above my boob, rather than right across it. The sleeves are
                tapered, too, but I'm assuming you are talking about the body section.

                =====
                --
                Gretchen

                http://my.yahoo.com
              • patty_altaffer
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
                  I think it is also the solid vs stripes that makes it a bit more
                  flattering around the breasts. I am not sure if it is the cut or the
                  striping..but everyone I have seen pictured in this (inlcluding the
                  gal modeling it in thebook, looks completely flat chested! No offense
                  ladies..I am not that well endowed and I think this style is not that
                  flattering for the tatas area.

                  I would think that an empire waist(the seam below the breasts, would
                  be more flattering than right above them.

                  I am debating making this sweater. I have the pattern..I still am
                  deciding on the yarn..I like the striping..but perhaps a solid color
                  would look more flattering on me..wondering of there is anyway to
                  modify it to seam below the breasts?? hmm...

                  Patty

                  --- In Klaralund@yahoogroups.com, Gretchen Shah <gretchendshah@y...>