Done and gifted!

  • totallyvm
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
      I finally finished seaming my mom's Klaralund on December 20, learning
      how to do both a backstitch seam (for putting the sleeves onto the
      body) and the mattress stitch (for the rest). Once I got over my
      initial fear, it went really well. :) Nothing like jumping in and
      just doing it, right?

      So then came the moment of gifting - Mom had opened almost all of her
      presents, and kept on reaching AROUND the bag from me to open other
      gifts, so finally, I just said, "Open the big one!" She did, she wept
      a little, and she loved it.

      I made this in SG #88, another not-very-popular color. It looks
      amazing with khaki pants and a turtleneck, and Mom wore it several
      days while I was home. Her mother saw it and wants one too! I guess
      it's off to order some more Silk Garden, this time in something that
      looks good with black. :)

      Photos on my blog soon!

      --Megan
      http://www.librarygrrrl.net/
    • Lisa
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
        Megan, it looks lovely! I love #88 -- that's the color of the afghan
        in the back of the book, which I have considered making. . .

        "Nothing like jumping in and
        just doing it, right?"

        Isn't that the truth!! And so true in knitting! I can't tell you how
        many times I have dawdles over a new skill and then realized how
        simple it was!

        Happy Knitting!

        Lisa

        --- In Klaralund@yahoogroups.com, "totallyvm" <meganadams@h...>