Welcome!

  • Wendy Johnson
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
      Hello All!

      Can't believe mine is the first post here. :-)

      I just wanted to say hello to you all, and thank Froggy for setting
      up this group.

      I'll be starting my Klaralund in early September. On Wednesday
      September 8, Froggy and I will have an "official" project kick-off at
      Knit Happens in Alexandria, VA. Anyone who can get there is welcome
      to stop by. Who knows -- I might bring brownies! ;-)

      So . . . what color is everyone using for their Klaralunds?

      Wendy
    • Linda
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004

        I already started my klaralund, because I had some gauge problems (what else is new?)  I only did the back, I’m waiting for the official start to continue.  I’m using #86, which is basically brown with stripes of aqua, magenta, and purple.  Very fall-like.  Hopefully I’ll make it to Knit Happens for the kick off, I’m looking forward to it!

        Linda

        www.potomacsoapco.com/knitting.html

        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
          Hi from Colorado!

          So far there are 6 of us who will knitting along with you.  We are having our official kick-off on Saturday, September 11 at 10 a.m. at the La Ti Da "coffee & dessert bar and yarn boutique".  It's located at 1551 South Pearl Street in Denver.

          I've listed the names of our group on the sidebar on my blog:  http://www.rjconklin.com/keeptalking.htm

          I'm going to shop my stash and try using Kureyon for Klaralund.  I'm hoping that the gauge and drape will work out.  I've got plenty of a lovely autumnal color, #88, that's been looking for a project.

          Joanne
          Highlands Ranch, CO
        • PhylSchaeffer2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
            Hi!
            I must start knitting my gauge swatch now to be ready for the September 8th kickoff. ;-)
            I'm using #84. I've been told that's a good color for me. But what do I know.
            Phyl-Phyl
          • carolinavelis
            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
              Hi all,

              I'm using #71 (purple, green and brown - it really is pretty) and
              I've done my first swatch. I didn't get gauge. :( I'll be ready to
              start at the kick off on Sept. 8th!

              See ya then.

              Carolina
            • Amy
              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                Hi Everyone!

                I'm very excited about this knit along. I've already started
                swatching, and can't make any promises about waiting for September
                to start knitting the sweater (what can I say? I'm baaaad), but I'm
                such a slow knitter it shouldn't matter much. I'll be using Silk
                Garden color #65, which is a pretty blend of purple, magenta, lime
                green and black. If anyone is still shopping for yarn, I got a great
                deal on it at woolneedlework.com ($6.49 per skein!). They ship very
                quickly!

                Amy
                http://www.quixoticpixels.com/wp

                --- In Klaralund@yahoogroups.com, "Wendy Johnson" <wendy1257@c...>
                wrote:
                > Hello All!
                >
                > Can't believe mine is the first post here. :-)
                >
                > I just wanted to say hello to you all, and thank Froggy for
                setting
                > up this group.
                >
                > I'll be starting my Klaralund in early September. On Wednesday
                > September 8, Froggy and I will have an "official" project kick-off
                at
                > Knit Happens in Alexandria, VA. Anyone who can get there is
                welcome
                > to stop by. Who knows -- I might bring brownies! ;-)
                >
                > So . . . what color is everyone using for their Klaralunds?
                >
                > Wendy
              • S Dippel
                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                  Hi-

                  Nice to meet everyone!

                  I chose to use Silk Garden #8, the blue/green colorway that is
                  pictured in the book. I've got the back done and I'm half done with
                  the front. I'm following the sizing for M2 and I've used 3 skeins of
                  yarn so far. I've been knitting steadily for the past year and I
                  started early because I think I'm going to have some trouble with the
                  arms.

                  Sue
                  http://www.knittinginthebigcity.blogspot.com

                  --- Wendy Johnson <wendy1257@...> wrote:

                  > Hello All!
                  >
                  > Can't believe mine is the first post here. :-)
                  >
                  > I just wanted to say hello to you all, and thank Froggy for setting
                  >
                  > up this group.
                  >
                  > I'll be starting my Klaralund in early September. On Wednesday
                  > September 8, Froggy and I will have an "official" project kick-off
                  > at
                  > Knit Happens in Alexandria, VA. Anyone who can get there is welcome
                  >
                  > to stop by. Who knows -- I might bring brownies! ;-)
                  >
                  > So . . . what color is everyone using for their Klaralunds?
                  >
                  > Wendy

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                • teffie-phd
                  Message 8 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                    Hi all, I'm using colour 84 (reds and pinks) from my stash.  I actually don't have enough, but I'm going to wing it because I always use less yarn than the pattern calls for (let's hope that karma continues).

                    I'm still waiting for my book though.  Seems we're buying them all up.

                    Steph

                  • M. M.
                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                      Hi everyone!

                      I'm excited to start...I will be using Silk Garden #84
                      as well. I am frustrated though, because I ordered the
                      pattern book from an online retailer who shall remain
                      nameless, and it still hasn't arrived. I ordered it
                      at the end of JULY! I've been assured three times
                      that the shipment was about to arrive, and each time
                      it doesn't arrive. If I don't get a definite ship
                      date by today I'm seeking another source for the book.

                      Any recommendations about where I can get this book
                      fast?

                      Thanks!
                      Michelle
                      blog-o-rama.blog-city.com
                    • carolinavelis
                      Message 10 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                        Try calling Knit Happens and see if they have any copies left. If
                        not, try The Knitting Garden:
                        http://www.theknittinggarden.com/noro-cthcoll2.htm

                        Carolina

                        --- In Klaralund@yahoogroups.com, "M. M." <mcq_mcq@y...> wrote:
                        > Hi everyone!
                        >
                        > I'm excited to start...I will be using Silk Garden #84
                        > as well. I am frustrated though, because I ordered the
                        > pattern book from an online retailer who shall remain
                        > nameless, and it still hasn't arrived. I ordered it
                        > at the end of JULY! I've been assured three times
                        > that the shipment was about to arrive, and each time
                        > it doesn't arrive. If I don't get a definite ship
                        > date by today I'm seeking another source for the book.
                        >
                        > Any recommendations about where I can get this book
                        > fast?
                        >
                        > Thanks!
                        > Michelle
                        > blog-o-rama.blog-city.com
                      • Elabeth
                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                          I got mine at The Knitting Garden's website and it was in my hands
                          within a week.
                          ~Elizabeth

                          Try calling Knit Happens and see if they have any copies left. If
                          not, try The Knitting Garden:
                          http://www.theknittinggarden.com/noro-cthcoll2.htm

                          Carolina

                          --- In Klaralund@yahoogroups.com, "M. M." <mcq_mcq@y...> wrote:
                          > Hi everyone!
                          >
                          > I'm excited to start...I will be using Silk Garden #84
                          > as well. I am frustrated though, because I ordered the
                          > pattern book from an online retailer who shall remain
                          > nameless, and it still hasn't arrived. I ordered it
                          > at the end of JULY! I've been assured three times
                          > that the shipment was about to arrive, and each time
                          > it doesn't arrive. If I don't get a definite ship
                          > date by today I'm seeking another source for the book.
                          >
                          > Any recommendations about where I can get this book
                          > fast?
                          >
                          > Thanks!
                          > Michelle
                          > blog-o-rama.blog-city.com

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          ~*~*~*~*
                          Elabeth
                          *~*~*~*~
                        • fibercatz@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                            In a message dated 8/24/2004 11:30:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "M. M." <mcq_mcq@...> writes:

                            >Hi everyone!
                            >
                            >I'm excited to start...I will be using Silk Garden #84
                            >as well. I am frustrated though, because I ordered the
                            >pattern book from an online retailer who shall remain
                            >nameless, and it still hasn't arrived.  I ordered it
                            >at the end of JULY!  I've been assured three times
                            >that the shipment was about to arrive, and each time
                            >it doesn't arrive.  If I don't get a definite ship
                            >date by today I'm seeking another source for the book.
                            >
                            >Any recommendations about where I can get this book
                            >fast?
                            >
                            >Thanks!
                            >Michelle
                            >blog-o-rama.blog-city.com

                            We must have used the same retailer, because I'm still waiting too! I ordered other items at the same time, got an email to say my order was shipping, but nothing about the book being on back order. GRRRR!
                            Patience may be a virtue, but it's not one of mine.
                            Kitty >^..^<
                          • fibercatz@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                              In a message dated 8/24/2004 11:54:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Elabeth <elabeth@...> writes:

                              >I got mine at The Knitting Garden's website and it was in my hands
                              >within a week.
                              >~Elizabeth

                              That's where I ordered mine from. I'm still waiting.
                              Kitty >^..^<
                            • fibercatz@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                                In a message dated 8/24/2004 8:30:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Wendy Johnson" <wendy1257@...> writes:

                                >Hello All!
                                >
                                >Can't believe mine is the first post here. :-)
                                >
                                >I just wanted to say hello to you all, and thank Froggy for setting
                                >up this group.
                                >
                                >I'll be starting my Klaralund in early September. On Wednesday
                                >September 8, Froggy and I will have an "official" project kick-off at
                                >Knit Happens in Alexandria, VA. Anyone who can get there is welcome
                                >to stop by. Who knows -- I might bring brownies! ;-)
                                >
                                >So . . . what color is everyone using for their Klaralunds?
                                >
                                >Wendy

                                I wasn't going to do this, but you were kind enough to post the "upgrades" for us fluffy gals, so here I am!
                                I'm using Silk Garden in Color 86. I just love the combination of old gold, turquoise and magenta with brown tones.
                                I will probably need more yarn - I'm keeping an eye out on ebay.
                                Thank you for the knit-along!
                                Kitty >^..^<
                              • Cathy Zura
                                Message 15 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                                  I got mine from Pat Kirtland's yarn barn at http://www.yarnbarn.com
                                  Came in a few days.

                                  Cathy

                                  On Tuesday, August 24, 2004, at 12:29 PM, fibercatz@... wrote:

                                  > In a message dated 8/24/2004 11:54:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                  > Elabeth <elabeth@...> writes:
                                  >
                                  > >I got mine at The Knitting Garden's website and it was in my hands
                                  > >within a week.
                                  > >~Elizabeth
                                  > >

                                  > That's where I ordered mine from.  I'm still waiting.
                                  > Kitty  >^..^<

                                  <image.tiff>

                                  <image.tiff>

                                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                • M. M.
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                                    Well, the overwhelming suggestion was that I try Knit
                                    Happens. Success! It's shipping today!

                                    Hooray!
                                    Thanks for the help!

                                    Michelle
                                  • PhylSchaeffer2@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                                      You can't go wrong with Knit Happens, that's for sure!
                                    • Wendy Johnson
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                                        --- In Klaralund@yahoogroups.com, PhylSchaeffer2@a... wrote:
                                        > I'm using #84. I've been told that's a good color for me. But what
                                        do I know.
                                        > Phyl-Phyl

                                        But Phyl-Phyl . . . I gave the Official WendyKnits Seal of Approval
                                        to your color choice (and even have photographic proof of said
                                        approval) so of course your Klaralund will be glorious! ;-)

                                        Wendy
                                      • PhylSchaeffer2@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                                          That's right! I had my Silk Garden purchases confused, I was thinking that was the yarn for Gloria. (Sweater on the cover of the new Noro book, she's turning out rather lovely.)

                                          If I read correctly, are people having to move UP a needle size for gauge? Oh lands!
                                        • Amy
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                                            I had to change to a size 10 needle to get gauge! It seems like a
                                            rather lacey, loosey-goosey tension for Silk Garden to me, but I
                                            imagine that it will make a very nice drapey fabric :)

                                            Message 21 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004

                                              I went up two needle sizes to get gauge in my swatch, however I didn’t like the fabric that the size 10 needles produced so I decided to just reconfigure the pattern so I could use 8s.  Fine and dandy, I knit up 3 inches of the back and it was coming out too big.  My gauge totally changed from the swatch to the garment (as it frequently does for me), so I frogged it and recast on with 7 fewer stitches.  Then everything worked out very well.

                                              Linda

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                                                Oh goodness. I'm going to knit my swatch tonight. I've been known to have gauge issues. I tend to be a tight knitter. I'm working on that problem.
                                              • sdippel
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Aug 24, 2004
                                                  Hmmm, I got gauge with 8s, and I usually knit tight. For the back of
                                                  the sweater I knit until I hit the number inches the pattern
                                                  indicated.

                                                  --- In Klaralund@yahoogroups.com, "Linda" <Linda513@c...> wrote:
                                                  > I went up two needle sizes to get gauge in my swatch, however I
                                                  didn't
                                                  > like the fabric that the size 10 needles produced so I decided to
                                                  just
                                                  > reconfigure the pattern so I could use 8s. Fine and dandy, I knit
                                                  up 3
                                                  > inches of the back and it was coming out too big. My gauge totally
                                                  > changed from the swatch to the garment (as it frequently does for
                                                  me),
                                                  > so I frogged it and recast on with 7 fewer stitches. Then
                                                  everything
                                                  > worked out very well.
                                                  >
                                                  > Linda

                                                • complete_dsgns
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Aug 25, 2004
                                                    Hello everyone.

                                                    I am so ready to get started on Klaralund! I am doing it in color
                                                    84, like Froggy. For anyone who hasn't purchased their yarn, a few
                                                    ebay stores have enough yarn for the sweater listed. Wendy, wish I
                                                    could make it to the kickoff, but it's just a little too far to make
                                                    it.

                                                    Happy Knitting

                                                    Melissa

                                                    wrote:
                                                    > Hello All!
                                                    >
                                                    > Can't believe mine is the first post here. :-)
                                                    >
                                                    > I just wanted to say hello to you all, and thank Froggy for
                                                    setting
                                                    > up this group.
                                                    >
                                                    > I'll be starting my Klaralund in early September. On Wednesday
                                                    > September 8, Froggy and I will have an "official" project kick-off
                                                    at
                                                    > Knit Happens in Alexandria, VA. Anyone who can get there is
                                                    welcome
                                                    > to stop by. Who knows -- I might bring brownies! ;-)
                                                    >
                                                    > So . . . what color is everyone using for their Klaralunds?
                                                    >
                                                    > Wendy
                                                  • pixiestikzknitz
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Aug 25, 2004
                                                      I am generally a very tight knitter and I got gauge with US9's
                                                      Whew! Glad that is over...I had such a hard time getting gauge with
                                                      calmer...I am totally loving this silk garden.

                                                      now I have to wait until the kickoff...
                                                      I was going to try to come to Knit Happens for the kickoff...but
                                                      it's such a hike from Maryland. I don't know yet... :)
                                                    • Jenifer Farrell
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Aug 25, 2004
                                                        Hello, from one more Klaralunder!

                                                        Let me quickly introduce myself -- I'm Jenifer, in Colorado, I've been knitting for 1 1/2 yrs, am completely transfixed by the craft, and a self-confessed Noro addict.  I'm a new blogger and this is my first -along!  Yay.  I'm so excited.  Thanks, Joanne, for the post, and I may try to make it to La Ti Da to meet up with you all! Thanks, too, for Wendy and Frogger for hosting the group.

                                                        I'm currently working on Karlsro, too, Monique, and I'm knitting that in # 84 (crimson reds), which I've loved.  The lace took a little while to get used to on the shaping, I agree, and I'm onto the side halfway past the middle ... my goal is to finish this before I start my Klaralund.

                                                        What color?  Maybe color #82, Sable greys reds and some purples.  Why don't I know yet? ...

                                                        As I said, I'm a self-confessed Noro addict, which in its most extreme states leads to things like opening an account with KFI and an eBay store ... so, as people are wondering where to buy from, let me point you (in a very self-serving fashion, of course) towards my own eBay store:

                                                        I have the CTH #2 book in stock right now, and if you haven't been to my store yet, I sell my pattern books for only $10.00 (no additional s/h) with yarn purchases.  I currently have enough of Silk Garden #82 in stock for Klaralund, which I may claim if it doesn't get purchased soon, otherwise I have a shipment of Silk Garden coming in this week ... and I'm not even sure which colors they'll be!  Yay, it's like Christmas in August, only I don't really get to keep the yarns.  Keep an eye out if you haven't bought yarn yet, and are interested, as I'll be posting colors this weekend or early next week.

                                                        Anyhow, sorry for this self-serving post, but I'm very excited to be doing Klaralund, and I'm working on figuring out all this blogging stuff (... in the midst of taking care of my 4- and 2- yr old kids -- oh yeah, that's why I'm staying home!).

                                                        I look forward to Klaralund chitchat,
                                                        Jenifer in Colo

                                                        Joanne Conklin <joanne@...> wrote:
                                                        Hi from Colorado!

                                                        So far there are 6 of us who will knitting along with you.  We are having our official kick-off on Saturday, September 11 at 10 a.m. at the La Ti Da "coffee & dessert bar and yarn boutique".  It's located at 1551 South Pearl Street in Denver.

                                                        I've listed the names of our group on the sidebar on my blog:  http://www.rjconklin.com/keeptalking.htm

                                                        I'm going to shop my stash and try using Kureyon for Klaralund.  I'm hoping that the gauge and drape will work out.  I've got plenty of a lovely autumnal color, #88, that's been looking for a project.

                                                        Joanne
                                                        Highlands Ranch, CO

                                                        Jenifer James Farrell
                                                        There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
                                                        --Albert Einstein

                                                        Do you Yahoo!?

                                                      • Elabeth
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Aug 25, 2004
                                                          Hi Jenifer! I'm a repeat customer!
                                                          I've bought all the Kureyon in my stash from you :)
                                                          You're on my favorite stores list on ebay.
                                                          ~*~*~*~*
                                                          Elabeth
                                                          *~*~*~*~
                                                          http://elabeth.blogspot.com/

                                                          http://stores.ebay.com/Rapunzels-Fine-Yarns

                                                          http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com/

                                                          Joanne Conklin <joanne@...> wrote:
                                                          Hi from Colorado!

                                                          So far there are 6 of us who will knitting along with you. We are
                                                          having our official kick-off on Saturday, September 11 at 10 a.m. at
                                                          the La Ti Da "coffee & dessert bar and yarn boutique". It's located
                                                          at 1551 South Pearl Street in Denver.

                                                          I've listed the names of our group on the sidebar on my blog:
                                                          http://www.rjconklin.com/keeptalking.htm

                                                          I'm going to shop my stash and try using Kureyon for Klaralund. I'm
                                                          hoping that the gauge and drape will work out. I've got plenty of a
                                                          lovely autumnal color, #88, that's been looking for a project.

                                                          Joanne
                                                          Highlands Ranch, CO
                                                        • Lisa Gedert

                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Aug 26, 2004
                                                              Hi Elabeth --

                                                              I thought I spotted you there!  Did I see you on the afghans 4 us list, too?

                                                              Cheers and sunshine from Colorado -
                                                              Jenifr

                                                              Message 30 of 30 , Aug 26, 2004
                                                                Yep, I'm on Afghans 4 Us too.