Kiwanis Family Updates - November 30, 2012

  • John Maihos
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2012
      NEW ENGLAND DISTRICT
      KIWANIS FAMILY UPDATES
      MIDGE K. LUBOT
      November 30, 2012

      Please send all announcements to <events@...by ThursdayAll new announcements will be shown in blue each week, the announcements in green are for the District or Int'l. Events, the announcements in orange are for the Key Club, turquoise is for Circle K, purple is for the Builders Club, pink for the K-Kids and the announcements in maroon are for the Aktion Clubs.

      PLEASE SEND YOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS TO <events@...>

      THANK YOU!

       ----------

      From Governor Frank:

      Want to contribute to the Eliminate Project and see some exciting hockey? We are working with the Manchester Monarchs hockey team to sell tickets to the December 22nd game in Manchester against the Portland Pirates. We have a block of 100 tickets available to us. Tickets are $20 each and $8 out of every ticket sold will go to the Eliminate Project. If you or your club would like tickets to this game, please let me know. We will also have tickets available for sale at Fall Conference.

       ----------

      The Western New England Division of Circle K International is privilege to host a "Divisional Rally" in honor of one of our four Circle K International Preferred Charities - the March of Dimes.
      Goal: $10,000
      Calendar Raffle Drawings - January 2013
      Ten Dollars, Thirty-One Days, Even More Prizes!
      For $10 a ticket, you will have an opportunity to win prizes ranging from $25 all the way to $500 each! With the support of our New England community at large, we have received over sixty raffle contributions. Prizes will attract people of all ages and varying interests.

      Ticket Sales begin November 1 and extend until December 20. Please contact us at modcalendarraffle@... to purchase your calendar! Check out http://www.modcalendarraffle.weebly.com for more information.

      With the holiday season around the corner, this would be a great, inexpensive gift that will support an amazing cause!

      Sara Pedersen
      Westfield State University Biology and Psychology Major '15
      Western New England Lieutenant Governor '12-'13
      Circle K International – Live to Serve, Love to Serve

       ----------

      From Kim Michaud:

      News
      Help put Kiwanis on a stamp
      The members of the 100th anniversary task force would like to secure a
      Commemorative stamp for Kiwanis International in the United States. You can help!

      It's easy:
      Print our letter to the U.S. Postal Service.
      Address an envelope to:
      Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee
      c/o Stamp Development
      U.S. Postal Service
      475 L'Enfant Plaza SW, Room 330
      Washington D.C., 20260-3501
      Put a stamp on the envelope.

      Mail the letter in the envelope by January 30, 2013.
      Research shows that numerous grassroots requests to the US Postal Service can be an effective way to get such stamps approved. Tell the post office how proud Kiwanians would be to have a Kiwanis International 100th anniversary commemorative stamp.

       ----------

      December 1, 2012

      The Kiwanis Club of Brattleboro (VT) will be helping the Salvation Army raise money by ringing the bell at the Hinsdale WalMart from 8:00am until 4:00pm.

      The Kiwanis Club of East Bridgewater (MA) 28th annual Christmas on the Common event; 9am - 3pm; EBHS and town common; parade at 10am followed by arts & crafts fair, hospitality tent, entertainment, train & pony rides, food vendors, tree decorating contest, face painting, raffles, games, wreath and tree sale; for more info please contact Chair IPP Andre at aussie1732@...

      KPTI OPEN HOUSE IS ON Saturday, December 1ST AT TUFTS MEDICAL CENTER IN BOSTON. ALL ARE INVITED! REGISTRATION WILL BEGIN IN October. PLEASE CONTACT VICKY AT <vguerina@...>.

      Victoria Guerina
      Acting Pediatric Injury Prevention Coordinator
      Kiwanis Pediatric Trauma Institute
      Tufts Medical Center
      800 Washington Street #344
      Boston, MA 02111
      p: 617-636-6381
      f: 617-636-8321

      December 2, 2012

      Colebrook Kiwanis Santa Comes to Town Celebration at the Colebrook Elementary
      Gym

      December 7-8, 2012

      Have you heard the news? Tickets for the annual Kiwanis Jingle Bell EXPRESS aboard Maine Eastern Railroad are now on sale. Trains will operate on Friday and Saturday, December 7th and 8th. Two trains on Friday - Three trains on Saturday. Advance ticket price is $18 per person through the end of November. Ticket price increases to $20 per person on and after December 1st until train time. All tickets are subject to a one dollar service fee. Children UNDER the age of two ride free. Seating is limited - order your tickets soon! Call 207.596.6725 for further details, reservations and to order your tickets...

      December 8, 2012

      Dear Portland Kiwanians and SLP Advisors:

      Please share the attached poster for the Santa Breakfast to be held from 8 to 10 am on Saturday, December 8, 2012, at the Cressey Road Church Hall, 81 Cressey Road, Gorham. This event is sponsored by the Gorham High School Key Club to benefit Operation Tribute, which provides a holiday gift to each child of military families. Portland Kiwanian Marc Badeau is Founder and Chairman of Operation Tribute (visit http://operationtribute.com/ for more information).

      · Cost is $5 per person for all you can eat buffet of Scrambled Eggs, Pancakes, Sausages & Beverages.
      · There is no charge for pictures with Santa, but you have to take your own photos.
      · No RSVP needed but you can call - FMI -207-221-0296
      · You do not have to be there the whole time to attend.

      December 13, 2012

      The Kiwanis Club of Waterbury (CT) will be helping the Salvation Army ring the bell in front of the Main Post Office on Grand Street. They will be there from 8:00am until 1:00pm.

      March 23, 2012

      Hello everyone. Here are some details for the Portland Pirates hockey tickets that we're selling to the Saturday, March 23rd game against St. John's at 7 pm:
      These are Main Deck type tickets in the Lower H section (the end  that the Pirates shoot on two out of three game periods)
      Prices to the buyer (doesn't have to be the end user) are the same  as what the Pirates box office sells them for (without the hassle of  having to go to the box office or paying $4.10 per ticket to buy them  through Ticketmaster):
      O $12 for college students and the military
      O $15 for youth (18 years old and younger) and seniors (65 years old and older)
      O $18 for all others
      Net proceeds to benefit The Eliminate Project, with credit being given to the Club making the sale, not just the Portland Kiwanis Club

      You can take orders for tickets now, and I will get them to you once I receive the money.Please track who's buying them, and what discount, if any, they're eligible for.

      I'm working on parking discounts and will let you know if I come up with anything, but the Pirates do not control parking.

      Sincerely,
      David P. Bouffard, Secretary-Treasurer
      Kiwanis Club of Portland, Maine, Inc.
      P.O. Box 17682
      Portland, ME 04112
      Work: (207) 883-8810
      Home: (207) 809-0720
      Cell: (207) 212-2224

      MAY 17-24, 2013

      2013 9TH ANNUAL BERMUDA CRUISE

      My group is sailing to Bermuda on May 17-24, 2013, on the Norwegian Cruise line Dawn. Our group number is 2183749-Kiwanis. This is the week before Memorial Day. We leave out of Boston's Black Falcon Terminal on Friday, May 17th and return on Friday, May 24th. We will be docked at King's Wharf, Dockyard, for three days and two nights.

      May 17, 2013 thru May 24, 2013 will be our 9th Annual Cruise to NEDK Division 26. We will be cruising on the Norwegian Dawn for the third consecutive year. We New Englanders seem to enjoy Norwegian's freestyle format and the fact that we don't have to leave New England to board the ship.This trip allows Kiwanians to spend unstructured time with fellow Kiwanians, family and friends of Kiwanians.

      With the freestyle format you can plan your own schedule, or not. You can find some place to eat nearly 24/7, or not. There are numerous scheduled activities for you to choose from daily, or not.

      2013's prices are very good; the lowest in about three years. I already have a block of cabins reserved:
      · Inside ($829.68/pp);
      · Ocean view ($929.68/pp) and;
      · Balconies ($1,279.68/pp);
      · All prices include all government and port taxes;
      · Insurance is not included because it is discretionary: $89.00/pp to $109.00/pp, according to your cabin classification.

      Even if you are only in the thinking stage of planning for this cruise to Bermuda you should seriously consider making a deposit of $250.00 per person. This will hold your cabin at our group rate; even if there is a price increase; even when they take away our group rate; even when they take away any of my remaining reserved cabins, as they need them.

      For more information or to sign up please contact me, Bob Tandy @ 978.372.9890 or e-mail me @ kiwanisb2t@... or dtandy@.... If you e-mail please include a contact phone number. Our agent is Steve Shiff of Colby Corner Travel @978.535.1952.

      Hoping to hear from all of you.

      June 2013

      THE 98TH KIWANIS INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION WILL BE HELD IN VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA

      June 2014

      THE 99TH KIWANIS INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION LOCATION TO BE ANNOUNCED