Kiwanis Family Updates

  • Midge Lubot
    Message 1 of 287 , Nov 1, 2012

      NEW ENGLAND DISTRICT
      KIWANIS FAMILY UPDATES
      MIDGE K. LUBOT
      November 2, 2012

      Please send all announcements to <events@...> by Thursday. All new announcements will be shown in blue each week, the announcements in green are for the District or Int’l. Events, the announcements in orange are for the Key Club, turquoise is for Circle K, purple is for the Builders Club, pink for the K-Kids and the announcements in maroon are for the Aktion Clubs.

      PLEASE SEND YOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS TO <events@...>

      THANK YOU!

      §§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

      From Governor Frank:

      Want to contribute to the Eliminate Project and see some exciting hockey? We are working with the Manchester Monarchs hockey team to sell tickets to the December 22nd game in Manchester against the Portland Pirates. We have a block of 100 tickets available to us. Tickets are $20 each and $8 out of every ticket sold will go to the Eliminate Project. If you or your club would like tickets to this game, please let me know. We will also have tickets available for sale at Fall Conference.

      §§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

      The Western New England Division of Circle K International is privilege to host a "Divisional Rally" in honor of one of our four Circle K International Preferred Charities - the March of Dimes.
      Goal: $10,000
      Calendar Raffle Drawings - January 2013
      Ten Dollars, Thirty-One Days, Even More Prizes!
      For $10 a ticket, you will have an opportunity to win prizes ranging from $25 all the way to $500 each! With the support of our New England community at large, we have received over sixty raffle contributions. Prizes will attract people of all ages and varying interests.

      Ticket Sales begin November 1 and extend until December 20. Please contact us at modcalendarraffle@... to purchase your calendar! Check out http://www.modcalendarraffle.weebly.com for more information.

      With the holiday season around the corner, this would be a great, inexpensive gift that will support an amazing cause!

      Sara Pedersen
      Westfield State University Biology and Psychology Major '15
      Western New England Lieutenant Governor '12-'13
      Circle K International – Live to Serve, Love to Serve

      §§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

      Governor Frank Dennett: Don't forget that we will be having a Silent Auction/Live Auction at Fall Conference in Portsmouth on Saturday evening- November 17th to benefit the Kiwanis Foundation of New England. We are looking for individuals, clubs, and divisions to bring items or a basket of items to the conference for the auction.

      §§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

      October 27, 2012

      The Kiwanis Club of West Hartford (CT) regrets that they have to cancel Witches Brew and Costumes Night on October 27th. Watch for upcoming events!

      October 28, 2012

      Vendors and crafters are sought for the nonprofit Kiwanis Club of Newington’s (CT) Big K Flea Market which reopens Sunday, August 26 for a run of ten Sundays, continuing all through September and October weather permitting.
      Admission is $1. Vendor spaces are $15.
      Open every Sunday from 8 AM to 2 PM in Newington's Market Square Free Parking Lot.
      Entrance at 39 E. Cedar St. (CT Route 175).

      Every Sunday brings throngs of shoppers and a new treasure trove of household, personal, musical, electronics and other wares at rock bottom prices. Tempting aromas from food vendors pervade the scene, also interesting sightseeing Kiwanis President Bob Seiler sticks to his claim that this is the greatest $1 sightseeing value in Connecticut.

      For some it has become an after-church weekly recreation stroll.
      College students frequently find useful bargains to furnish their dorms.

      Many people bring their tag sales here not only to reach throngs of shoppers but also to save advertising money and especially to avoid shady strangers coming to their homes.

      Business people find it an economical place to feature their goods and services. A special treat will be a live Amateur Radio Station broadcasting on the air from the Flea Market, together with a delegation from the Newington Amateur Radio League with information on how to become a licensed Amateur Radio operator.

      Parking is free.
      Rest rooms are on site.
      More information is available at <bigkfleamarket@...> or phone 860-667-2864, also 860-839-1597.

      October 30, 2012

      Next Tuesday, the 30th, is the fifth week of the month, and so we are sponsoring our Kiwanis Family Bowling Night at 6 p.m. in the Central Park Bowling Lanes on Saratoga Street in Central Square. Bring yourself and your family members and join us to bowl, and enjoy some pizza and soft drinks. Cost is $10 per person (not including the cost for bowling shoes). Please RSVP to Pres Ed Coletta by this Friday by responding to "Coletta, Edmund (DEP)" <Edmund.Coletta@...> or calling my cell at: 617-797-2683.

      October 31, 2012

      The Kiwanis Club of Colebrook (NH) wiCll hold their Halloween Party at the Colebrook Gym starting at 5:00 PM. Costume judging begins at 6:00 PM.

      November 1, 2012

      1ST ANNUAL KIWANIS CLUB OF BARRE (VT)
      HOLIDAY TURKEY DRIVE
      IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
      BARRE-MONTPELIER PRICE CHOPPER

      The Kiwanis Club of Barre (VT) and the
      Spaulding High School Key Club
      Are asking members of the Barre Community
      To donate frozen turkeys to be distributed to area food shelves

      A $15 donation will buy a turkey; forms for making a donation are at each register at the Barre-Montpelier Price Chopper.
      OR

      A donation of $15.00 can be sent to the Kiwanis Club of Barre (VT).
      Please send your check to the Kiwanis Club of Barre (VT), PO Box 724,  Barre, VT 05641 or give your donation to a Kiwanis or Key Club member.

      Please help us start a new tradition.
      The drive is from Thursday, November 1ST
      Thru Sunday, November 18TH

      We need your support and commitment as soon as possible.
      Thank you!

      November 2, 2012

      The Kiwanis Club of Meriden (CT) presents:

      Kiwanis Kapers gone WILD

      The Kapers is being held this year on Friday and Saturday, November 2nd and 3rd, 2012. We have a NEW LOCATION for the Kapers --Lincoln Middle School, Centennial Avenue (it's on the WEST side of town) at a NEW TIME (7 P.M.) NEW FORMAT (you will be voting for a winner of the Talent search contestants -- three (3) young category and Three (3) Adult category on Friday night and the same format on Saturday, with three new sets of contestant in each category). The winner(s) of the competition in each category each night will win $250. -- that's $1,000. for the two nights. WE will also have our usual Meriden Kiwanis members doing their usual nutty things. Of course you can't vote unless you are at the KAPERS on either night, SOOOOO, you need a ticket, and I'm the person to contact --- Ed Murphy nedktreasp@... or 203.634.1861. Yes, I'm stuck with the Chair of tickets this year and I don't want to waste a lot of tickets by having to throw them away because no-one bought them, so please make that call or use that email, but buy a ticket, maybe a few tickets---Oh yes, the "Running Governor", Frank and His "Running Partner," Molly will be at the Kapers. But I'm not sure which night they will be there. But buy a ticket anyway, they may be there the same night you attend. Looking forward to seeing you. Almost forgot --NO BAGS will be sold this year -- don't worry, we will provide a NEW WAY for you to help us raise the necessary funds to run our Community Projects budget, so please bring some extra cash. Ed Murphy, Ticket Chair, Meriden Kiwanis Community Kapers. Yes, and it will be our 61st Kapers, SEE YOU there!

      Save the Date!!!!!!!

      “Let’s Make a Difference”

      The Kiwanis Club of Pentucket (MA)

      4th Annual Charity Auction, Wine & Beer Tasting

      Friday, November 2, 2012  6:30-10:00 pm

      The Galleria Banquet Room
      Maria’s Family Restaurant
      81 Essex Street, Haverhill

      The Pentucket Kiwanis 4th Annual Charity Auction, Wine & Beer Tasting will help raise monies to extend a helping hand to the many community programs, projects and charities of Greater Haverhill. In these difficult economic times there are an increasing number of programs lacking in the resources to continue.  So again the Pentucket Kiwanis will try to “Make a Difference” and raise money to support the Greater Haverhill Community of which we serve.

      The event will be fun filled with an array of items to “bid on” and great raffle prizes.  There will be great food with wine and beer to compliment.

      Epicurean Cheeses---Carving Station---Pasta Station----Dessert Station, with many varieties of wine and beer offered for tasting.

      Tickets are $35.00

      “LAW]\et’s Make a Difference” together!!!!

      e-mail <nancy.mckenna@...> or call 978 521-0445 for information.

      Entertainment Provided by The Pentucket Jazz Band

      November 3, 2012

      You Are Cordially Invited
      To The Charter Celebration Of

      The Aktion Club of Mid-Maine

      Saturday, November 3, 2012
      12:00 Noon
      Morton Avenue Gymnasium
      Dover-Foxcroft

      R.S.V.P. to Deb Somers
      Phone: 270-0188

      Light Refreshments Will Be Served

      Please Bring a Donation of Non-Perishable Food Items
      To Help Fill our Thanksgiving Baskets

      Sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Dover-Foxcroft (ME)

      November 4, 2012

      Governor Frank Dennett: The Kiwanis Club of Weston (CT) will be holding their inaugural Half Marathon road race on Sunday, November 4th. A portion of the proceeds from this race will be going to The Eliminate Project. I will be running this race and invite other Kiwanians in the area to come out and support the efforts of the Weston Club.

      WESTON KIWANIS PRESENTS ITS INAUGURAL  HALF MARATHON RACE
      NOVEMBER 4, 2012
      8:30 AM START
      WESTON HIGH SCHOOL
      115 SCHOOL ROAD, WESTON, CT 06883

      TO BENEFIT: PURPLE HEART HOMES, ELIMINATE AND THE WESTON KIWANIS CLUB FOUNDATION

      Food, Prizes, Music, Medallions, Shirts and More!

      "A run to lift your spirits and improve the lives of others"

      Contact Phyllis or Don Gary, Co-chairs of the race, at <thereservoirrun@...>for any questions.

      Find us on facebook at "The Reservoir Run." Please "like" us.

      November 5, 2012

      DIVISION 7 -JOIN US FOR AN INTERCLUB!

      Governor Frank Dennett – Nov. 5 @ Noon

      Lt. Gov. Elec Debbie Landwehr and President Gregg Flegal invite all Clubs to meet Governor Frank Dennett. Join us at 5:30 on Monday, November 5TH. It is a great opportunity for Division 7 Clubs to earn interclub credit.

      Please RSVP by Nov. 1. The restaurant requires an advance headcount. The meal charge is $15 and payable when you arrive. We meet at the Derryfield Country Club, 625 Mammoth Road, Manchester. Please RSVP to Tom Kallechey: <tpk217@...>.

      November 14, 2012

      Tri-Town Golden K (CT) Kiwanis Club is celebrating it’s 25TH Anniversary on November 14TH. A luncheon and awards program will start at 11:45 at Sans Souci Restaurant on No. Broad St in Meriden, CT. Come join them! Please contact Howard Iwanicki at 860.423.3062 for more details.

      November 15, 2012

      Plan now to attend the Kiwanis Club of Bangor Breakfast (ME)‘s 35th Anniversary celebration, November 15 at the Sea Dog, in the Penobscot Room. Social Hour will be at 6:00 and the Buffet Dinner will follow at 7. It will feature Baked Haddock with crumb topping and/or Baked Pasta Marinara - served with rice pilaf, garden salad and rolls, this includes gratuity and taxes. An accurate head-count is needed soon, so get in touch with Frank Carr if you plan to attend. Of course, spouses/significant others are welcome!

      NOVEMber 16-18, 2012

      MESSAGE FROM GOV. DESIGNATE FRANK DENNETT:

      The Fall Conference will be held at the Sheraton Harborside Hotel in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The hotel is located just a few blocks away from the historic downtown area that has a wide array of restaurants and shops. Also, it is only three miles from outlet shopping in Kittery,Maine.

      Some of the scheduled speakers for the conference include: 1984 Olympic Gold Medalist and marathoner Joan Benoit Samuelson, KI Trustee and District Counselor Elizabeth Tezza, local author Roxie Zwicker, and UNH Instructor Linda Hayden.

      There will also be a conference service project- “Operation Christmas Child” and a fundraising auction for the Kiwanis Foundation of New England.

      Online registration is open on the district web site: http://newenglandkiwanis.org/events/FTC.html

      To reserve a room for the conference, contact the hotel directly. The reservation number for the hotel is: 603-431-2300 and you will need to identify yourself as being with the New England Kiwanis group to get the special convention nightly rate of $99 (plus tax). The deadline cut-off for rooms is October 25, 2012 or until rooms are sold out.

      November 24, 2012

      KIWANIS CLUB OF FAIRFIELD (CT)
      2012 ANNUAL POINSETTIA SALE
      ORDER FORM

      The Kiwanis Club of Fairfield’s 2012 Annual Holiday Poinsettia sale helps fund our outreach to the greater Fairfield community and to Kiwanis International Projects. Every fundraising dollar is returned to our community. Last year the Fairfield Kiwanis Club donated over $25,000 to local organizations, which included $15,000 in scholarships to local graduating high school students. Your support is greatly appreciated!

      Poinsettias are nursery-fresh, triple plants, 18"-20" tall, have 12-15 blooms, in an 8” foil wrapped pot and come in your choice of red, white or pink.

      • Free delivery available in the Fairfield area with the purchase of 5 or more plants!
      Poinsettias are $25.00 each.

      *To insure perfect quality, all plants must be pre-sold with preferred pick-up date as noted below.

      Two pickup dates scheduled: Pickup location:
      Saturday, November 24 Spear-Miller Funeral Home
      Saturday, December 8 39 South Benson Rd, Fairfield
      From 8am to 11am (across from Bob’s Store)
    • Midge Lubot
      Message 287 of 287 , Apr 17 7:54 PM
      • 53 KB
      NEW ENGLAND & BERMUDA DISTRICT
      KIWANIS FAMILY UPDATES
      MIDGE K. LUBOT
      APRIL 18, 2014

      Please send all announcements to <events@...> by Thursday. All new announcements will be shown in blue each week, the announcements in green are for the District or Int’l. Events, the announcements in orange are for the Key Club, turquoise is for Circle K, purple is for the Builders Club, pink for the K-Kids and the announcements in maroon are for the Aktion Clubs.

      PLEASE SEND YOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS TO <events@...>

      THANK YOU!

      April 19, 2014

      2nd Annual Easter Bunny Breakfast