307Kiwanis Family Updates

  • Midge Lubot
    Sep 26, 2013
    NEW ENGLAND & BERMUDA DISTRICT
    KIWANIS FAMILY UPDATES
    MIDGE K. LUBOT
    September 20, 2013

    Please send all announcements to <events@...> by Thursday. All new announcements will be shown in blue each week, the announcements in green are for the District or Int’l. Events, the announcements in orange are for the Key Club, turquoise is for Circle K, purple is for the Builders Club, pink for the K-Kids and the announcements in maroon are for the Aktion Clubs.

    PLEASE SEND YOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS TO <events@...>

    THANK YOU!

    --------------------

    Purchasing District Clothing

    As we know, the only time in the past that we’ve been able to purchase District and Foundation clothing such as shirts, vests, jackets etc., has been at District Conventions or Conferences. We are trying to make it easier for all members to be able to purchase these articles anytime during the year. We may also use the Yankiwanian to have special sales during the year.

    We have now received new ladies garments along with new carry bags, aprons and more.
    At the No Conway Training Conference we will have great sales for the holidays!
    For your favorite Kiwanian, we will be ordering more items and replacing stock before the conference. We will be restocking the long sleeve fleece jacket so if there is a special size you need, please e-mail us. Remember you can order anytime by using the store form, e-mail,
    Mail or fax and please don't forget your size.

    P.S. WE WILL BE TRYING TO ATTEND ALL REGIONAL MEETINGS. Weather permitting

    Try to send us your regional dates and an invitation.
    Daryl Sylvia
    Past Kiwanis Lt Governor 1999-2000
    Distinguished Lt Gov 2000-2001
    Distinguished Lt Gov. 2011-2012

    Tel. 508-496-9900. Carpt2184@comcast.net

    Be sure to send us your name and address and email and add $5.50 or 8%, whichever is greater, for shipping. Also, please make out all checks to: NEW ENGLAND KIWANIS FOUNDATION.  Thank you!

    N.E KIWANIS DISTRICT SHIRT Turquoise $26.95

    N.E. KIWANIS VEST Navy Blue $44.95

    N.E. KIWANIS JACKET Navy Blue $47.95

    N.E. DIST SPORT SHIRT Lemon $28.95

    N.E. FOUNDATION VEST Red $38.95

    Navy Blue $38.95

    N.E. FOUNDATION SWEATSHIRT Blue $32.95

    N.E. FOUNDATION HOOD SWEAT Black, Gray $38.95

    N.E. FOUNDATION KNITTED HAT One 2=X Color $10.00

    N.E. FOUNDATION SCARF One Color $14.95

    N.E. SPORT/POCKET Green $26.95

    N.E DISTRICT OR FOUNDATION Red $24.95

    SWEATPANTS/LOGO Navy $24.95

    Oxford $24.95

    N.E.DISTRICT OR FOUNDATION DRESS OXFORD SHIRT/LOGO White $33.95

    Navy $33.95

    YOUR NAME,ADDRESS.STATE,ZIP TOTAL

    E MAIL  •  PHONE  •  FAX  •  SHIPPING TOTAL

    COLOR PRICE SIZE #PER  TOTAL

    Remember:  Members can order by mail.

    Foundation and District clothing
    11 Howland Ave
    So Dartmouth Ma 02748.
    Description,color and size

    AIM FOR SUCCESS - THE ELIMINATE PROJECT 2015

    GREAT NEWS!
    It was announced on Sept. 16 maternal/neonatal tetanus was eliminated from Sierra Leone and Gabon.
    26 Countries still need our help; 33 countries have eliminated MNT to date. Please keep up the support
    and aim for 100% participation of all club members.

    KIWANIAN SETS NEW GUINNESS RECORD WHILE SAVING MOMS AND BABIES
    Bob Burlison Jr. of the Kiwanis Club of La Cañada-AM (California), has finished his more than 13,000-mile motorcycle ride. He has traveled through 48 states, presenting to Kiwanians in each one
    Bob, or “The Eliminator” as his club members call him, went on the road to raise awareness and support for The Eliminate Project. His mission was to present to at least one Kiwanis Club in each state, including a meeting with an Alaskan Kiwanis club member during his time in the Pacific Northwest district and a video call with a Kiwanis club in Hawaii.
    Besides breaking the current Guinness world record for the longest motorcycle ride in one country, Bob set out with a bigger goal in mind: He hoped to make an impact by educating others on Kiwanis International’s Global Campaign for Children. Bob returned to his club this Labor Day weekend, where he started the ride on Memorial Day weekend.
    K.U.R.E., Kiwanis Unity Ride to Eliminate, has received media attention from all over the country. Each story puts the worldwide efforts to eliminate maternal and neonatal tetanus in the spotlight, so Bob has reached far more communities and individuals than just the members of the clubs where he presented.

    Ava Adams, District Chair 2012-13
    Early Childhood Development/Young Children Priority One(Y.C.P.O.)

    Good morning,

    I am writing to ask for your help in distributing the link below to your club members so that they can see what we are doing with the Eliminate Project which is “saving lives”

    If your clubs and or members have donated to Eliminate please thank them. If they have not ask them if they want a presentation at a future meeting from their Division Coordinator or Multi Division Coordinator.

    Thank you for your help.

    Dan Bennett
    District Coordinator
    978-828-0296

    The club video is a much anticipated resource that will ensure our clubs hear The Eliminate Project’s important and life-saving message.  We ask that you share the following link with your teams to use immediately in club presentations: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ygc914gvtsun3o6/Kiwanis_Eliminate%20v10-H264.mov

    Greetings,

    My name is LT Chad Murphy with the U.S. Navy Office of Community outreach. I'm a Reservist out of Framingham working to connect audiences around the country with Sailors in their community.  We want to share our stories of service in your Navy, all around the world, and why being there matters.

    I wanted to approach Kiwanis at a regional level to learn the appropriate means of communicating this offer to local clubs.

    We have a potential pool of Sailor-speakers from numerous career fields, most with overseas deployment experience, ready to share the Navy's story at your meeting or event.  A typical 20-minute presentation could include an interactive slideshow on the current status of the Navy, flavored by the Sailor's own experiences at home and overseas.  At your request, we could tailor the presentation to your specific interests.  Whatever the focus, plenty of Q&A is always welcome and encouraged.

    I look forward to speaking with you, and hope that you might like to invite us in!

    Very Respectfully,

    Chad R. Murphy
    Lieutenant, U.S. Navy
    Action Officer, Navy Office of Community Outreach-RC
    617-251-4696 mobile

  • Show all 290 messages in this topic