301Kiwanis Family Updates

  • Midge Lubot
    Aug 15, 2013

    NEW ENGLAND & BERMUDA DISTRICT
    KIWANIS FAMILY UPDATES
    MIDGE K. LUBOT
    August 16, 2013

    Please send all announcements to <events@...> by Thursday. All new announcements will be shown in blue each week, the announcements in green are for the District or Int’l. Events, the announcements in orange are for the Key Club, turquoise is for Circle K, purple is for the Builders Club, pink for the K-Kids and the announcements in maroon are for the Aktion Clubs.

    PLEASE SEND YOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS TO <events@...>

    THANK YOU!

    --------------------

    NEW ENGLAND & BERMUDA DISTRICT CONVENTION

    Online Registration for DCON is STILL open. For everything you need, including delegate forms and instructions, visit: http://www.newenglandkiwanis.org/events/DCON.html

    NOTE FROM GOVERNOR FRANK:

    There will be lots of awards presented to clubs at next month's district convention. Many of the awards are based on information on the club monthly reports. Please make sure that your club is up-to-date on its monthly reports. I would hate to have to tell clubs that they did not get an award because their monthly reports were not submitted.

    Purchasing District Clothing

    As we know, the only time in the past that we’ve been able to purchase District and Foundation clothing such as shirts, vests, jackets etc., has been at District Conventions or Conferences. We are trying to make it easier for all members to be able to purchase these articles anytime during the year. We may also use the Yankiwanian to have special sales during the year.

    During the coming year we will be updating our ladies line with better colors and sizes. We hope you will take advantage of the new service by ordering by mail or on line. You may use the order form or email or fax your orders to District and foundation apparel.

    IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE CONVENTION IN HYANNIS, AND I HOPE EVERYONE IS, WE WILL HAVE OUR TABLES SET UP THERE. SO BE PREPARED AND BRING YOUR CA$H OR CHECK OR CREDIT CARD, YES I  SAID CREDIT CARD BECAUSE WE WILL BE ABLE TO DO CREDIT CARDS AND WE HAVE A LOT OF NEW CLOTHING, MEN’S AND LADIES!! WE ALSO HAVE NEW CANVAS BAGS, APRONS AND MORE!

    Be sure to send us your name and address and email and add $5.50 or 8%, whichever is greater, for shipping. Also, please make out all checks to: NEW ENGLAND KIWANIS FOUNDATION.  Thank you!

    Daryl Sylvia

    N.E KIWANIS DISTRICT SHIRT Turquoise $26.95

    N.E. KIWANIS VEST Navy Blue $44.95

    N.E. KIWANIS JACKET Navy Blue $47.95

    N.E. DIST SPORT SHIRT Lemon $28.95

    N.E. FOUNDATION VEST Red $38.95

    Navy Blue $38.95

    N.E. FOUNDATION SWEATSHIRT Blue $32.95

    N.E. FOUNDATION HOOD SWEAT Black, Gray $38.95

    N.E. FOUNDATION KNITTED HAT One 2=X Color $10.00

    A÷≥. FOUNDATION SCARF One Color $14.95

    N.E. SPORT/POCKET Green $26.95

    N.E DISTRICT OR FOUNDATION Red $24.95

    SWEATPANTS/LOGO Navy $24.95

    Oxford $24.95

    N.E.DISTRICT OR FOUNDATION DRESS OXFORD SHIRT/LOGO White $33.95

    Navy $33.95

    YOUR NAME,ADDRESS.STATE,ZIP TOTAL

    E MAIL  •  PHONE  •  FAX  •  SHIPPING TOTAL

    COLOR PRICE SIZE #PER  TOTAL

    Remember:  Members can order by mail.

    Foundation and District clothing
    11 Howland Ave
    So Dartmouth Ma 02748.
    Description,color and size

    AIM FOR SUCCESS - THE ELIMINATE PROJECT 2015

    The MNT Elimination Initiative is an international private-public partnership that includes national:  governments, UNICEF, WHO, UNFPA, GAVI, USAID/Immunization Basics, CDC, UNICEF National Committees, the Government of Japan, Save the Children, PATH, RMHC, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Kiwanis International, Pampers – a division of Procter & Gamble, and BD.
    This is the year of participation; let's all do our part!

    How are we doing?

    Totals as of: July 16, 2013
    District Goal: $426,000.00 Lives Saved or Protected:
    District Target based on membership: $2,357,295.00
    The Eliminate Project, total gifts and pledges $36,648,854.69

    REMINDER:

    During the Friday night dinner, at the Convention, Clubs will be able to present checks for the Eliminate Project and checks for the Kiwanis Foundation of New England to Governor Frank Dennett.

    I hope your Club will consider making a donation to the Kiwanis Foundation of New England especially if your club uses their materials from the Kiwanis Pediatric Trauma Institute (ie Bike Rodeo, Early Childhood Injury Prevention Kits etc).

    These materials are not free even though there is no charge to the Kiwanis Clubs for the materials.

    If you would like your donation to go to KPTI, just indicate it on the memo line.

    See you all at DCON!

    Sincerely,
    Ava Adams, District Chair 2012-13
    Early Childhood Development/Young Children Priority One(Y.C.P.O.)
  • Show all 290 messages in this topic