300Kiwanis Family Updates

  • Midge Lubot
    Aug 8, 2013

    NEW ENGLAND & BERMUDA DISTRICT
    KIWANIS FAMILY UPDATES
    MIDGE K. LUBOT
    August 9, 2013

    Please send all announcements to <events@...> by Thursday. All new announcements will be shown in blue each week, the announcements in green are for the District or Int’l. Events, the announcements in orange are for the Key Club, turquoise is for Circle K, purple is for the Builders Club, pink for the K-Kids and the announcements in maroon are for the Aktion Clubs.

    PLEASE SEND YOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS TO <events@...>

    THANK YOU!

    --------------------

    District convention is just two weeks away. The early bird discount for registration/meals ends tomorrow-August 9th at 11:59pm. If you haven't registered yet, please visit the convention page on the district web site to register.

    NEW ENGLAND & BERMUDA DISTRICT CONVENTION

    Online Registration for DCON is STILL open. For everything you need, including delegate forms and instructions, visit: http://www.newenglandkiwanis.org/events/DCON.html

    NOTE FROM GOVERNOR FRANK:

    There will be lots of awards presented to clubs at next month's district convention. Many of the awards are based on information on the club monthly reports. Please make sure that your club is up-to-date on it's monthly reports. I would hate to have to tell clubs that they did not get an award because their monthly reports were not submitted.

    Purchasing District Clothing

    As we know, the only time in the past that we’ve been able to purchase District and Foundation clothing such as shirts, vests, jackets etc., has been at District Conventions or Conferences. We are trying to make it easier for all members to be able to purchase these articles anytime during the year. We may also use the Yankiwanian to have special sales during the year.

    During the coming year we will be updating our ladies line with better colors and sizes. We hope you will take advantage of the new service by ordering by mail or on line. You may use the order form or email or fax your orders to District and foundation apparel.

    IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE CONVENTION IN HYANNIS, AND I HOPE EVERYONE IS, WE WILL HAVE OUR TABLES SET UP THERE. SO BE PREPARED AND BRING YOUR CA$H OR CHECK OR CREDIT CARD, YES I  SAID CREDIT CARD BECAUSE WE WILL BE ABLE TO DO CREDIT CARDS AND WE HAVE A LOT OF NEW CLOTHING, MEN’S AND LADIES!! WE ALSO HAVE NEW CANVAS BAGS, APRONS AND MORE!

    Be sure to send us your name and address and email and add $5.50 or 8%, whichever is greater, for shipping. Also, please make out all checks to: NEW ENGLAND KIWANIS FOUNDATION.  Thank you!

    Daryl Sylvia

    N.E KIWANIS DISTRICT SHIRT Turquoise $26.95

    N.E. KIWANIS VEST Navy Blue $44.95

    N.E. KIWANIS JACKET Navy Blue $47.95

    N.E. DIST SPORT SHIRT Lemon $28.95

    N.E. FOUNDATION VEST Red $38.95

    Navy Blue $38.95

    N.E. FOUNDATION SWEATSHIRT Blue $32.95

    N.E. FOUNDATION HOOD SWEAT Black, Gray $38.95

    N.E. FOUNDATION KNITTED HAT One 2=X Color $10.00

    A÷≥. FOUNDATION SCARF One Color $14.95

    N.E. SPORT/POCKET Green $26.95

    N.E DISTRICT OR FOUNDATION Red $24.95

    SWEATPANTS/LOGO Navy $24.95

    Oxford $24.95

    N.E.DISTRICT OR FOUNDATION DRESS OXFORD SHIRT/LOGO White $33.95

    Navy $33.95

    YOUR NAME,ADDRESS.STATE,ZIP TOTAL

    E MAIL  •  PHONE  •  FAX  •  SHIPPING TOTAL

    COLOR PRICE SIZE #PER  TOTAL

    Remember:  Members can order by mail.

    Foundation and District clothing
    11 Howland Ave
    So Dartmouth Ma 02748.
    Description,color and size

    AIM FOR SUCCESS - THE ELIMINATE PROJECT 2015

    The MNT Elimination Initiative is an international private-public partnership that includes national:  governments, UNICEF, WHO, UNFPA, GAVI, USAID/Immunization Basics, CDC, UNICEF National Committees, the Government of Japan, Save the Children, PATH, RMHC, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Kiwanis International, Pampers – a division of Procter & Gamble, and BD.
    This is the year of participation; let's all do our part!

    SOME FUNDRAISING IDEAS:
    1. FLOWER POTS FUN
    give away hand-decorated flower pots in exchange for a donation, or donate them to a local hospital or women's shelter to raise awareness of MNT
    2. WALK TO ELIMINATE
    plan a walk that will parade through town to raise funds and awareness of MNT
    3. COOK-OFF
    host a cooking competition featuring a local favorite food--BBQ, chili, jambalaya--and charge tasters for the opportunity to sample and vote for a winner
    4. GOLF SCRAMBLE
    Invite teams of golfers to participate in a fun format of play, competing for prizes and glory.
    5. DINING FOR DONATIONS
    Encourage patrons to visit a new or favorite restaurant in exchange for a portion of the proceeds from purchases.
    6. DANCE BABY DANCE
    Host a fun-filled event for participants willing to collect pledges, and dance, dance, dance all night long.

    MORE FUNDRAISING IDEAS:

    7. TASTING PARTY WITH A PURPOSE
    Offer a sampling of beverages, chocolate, or cheese while you educate people about the Eliminate Project.
    8. DRESS DOWN DAY
    Collect a donation in exchange for the privilege to dress down (FRIDAY!) or wear jeans one day at work.
    9. KARAOKE TALENT SHOW
    Collect monetary donations from audience members as "votes" for their favorite contestant.

    Hope this gives you some exciting fund raising ideas!

    Have fun and raise funds!

    LET'S CONTINUE TO DO OUR PART TO SAVE THE LIVES OF MOTHERS AND BABIES!

    Ava Adams, District Chair
    Early Childhood Development

  • Show all 290 messages in this topic