Re: [KiteFliersMidwest2] New Year's Day

  • Tgerweck
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2007
      From: John Cosby and Elaine DeRoover
      To: KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 3:50 PM
      Subject: [KiteFliersMidwest2] New Year's Day

      We just want to let y'all know - the traditional New Year's Day "fly
      'n feed" at the Cosby's will continue this year, but now it's the
      "NoSno'Fly." We will fly at Middles Beach starting about 1 pm (AST)
      then meet back at our house for chow. New Year's Day is on Tuesday
      next year: Ola Lola's will not be open so we won't have to run off and
      go to work like we did last year. Maybe we'll just grill fish on the
      beach.

      Anyway, everybody from the Midwest (and anywhere else) is welcome to
      join us.

      J&E

      As cold as it has been here in SE Michigan today that is either very
      tempting or down right cruel. Thanks for the invite and good to hear from
      the "Southern Wing" of Region Five.

      Terry "Gizmo" Gerweck
    • Mr. Robin Mc
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2007
        We are planning a New Years fly here also. It has been held in
        Boulder off and on, weather permitting. this upcoming Fly may be held
        at Sandstone Ranch Park, in Longmont, Colorado. Actually near
        Boulder, yet the Sandstone park is just east of the Weld County Line.
        Very large open park with few obstructions, baby trees, and a
        Skateboard Park that is Lighted at night, so the little "Duuudes"
        break less bones,hence creating some light to see our kites, and
        promote Kiting to Rad skater Kids, as we Swoop overhead!as wind is
        more consistent late. I just returned from flying my Spider there
        tonite, alone as I'm on Vacation & it's Thurs. Light wind yet the air
        density was better lift since it was around 40 degrees or less.(we
        have an issue with the "Mile-High" Altitude here and air density
        which is cured by colder weather. Since Mike Shaw moved to the
        Dakotas, we also have less Club participation, he was our Backbone it
        seems...
        Robin
        Foothills Kite Club (on Yahoo Groups)

        --- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "Tgerweck" <tgerweck@...>
        wrote:

> [...]
      • Mr. Robin Mc
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2007
          I believe San Diego has a New Years Fly as well. Mike Shaw went last
          year i think...

          --- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "John Cosby and Elaine