  • Spencer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2007
      Hi Gang,
      As most of you know this weekend is the Flag City Kitefest. If you
      don't know about it WAKE UP it's time to have some fun. Details are
      on the AKA site calender and email from me that you have probably
      trashed by now. Anyway, just a short re-cap:
      The Flag City KiteFest will be held on Saturday the 18th of August
      with some events continuing into Sunday. But the big day is Saturday.
      The KiteFest is run in conjunction with the Flag City BalloonFest.
      There will be many spectators and lots of activity. Sport Kites and
      Fighter Kites will be running competitive events and many many
      demo's. On Saturday sport kites will run strictly music events with
      Sunday reserved for Precision. Fighters will be showing off their
      stuff for the crowd and accumulating points for the new year while
      single liners will brighten the sky with color. We will run from mid
      morning until 5PM when the Balloons take over the field. There should
      be room for us all with a field that is near 3/4 of a mile long.
      Hope to see you there.

      Spencer

      Spencer Schubbe
      Eastern Michigan University
      Coordinator Library Network Services
      G01K Halle Library
      Ypsilanti, MI 48197

      NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a
      large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
    • Kevin Kilgoar
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 21, 2007
        Hi Spencer,

        How about a update, Saturday seemed like a nice day, but what about
        Sunday, I know it was a total washout here in Toledo/Perrysburg.