Flag City Kite Fest

  • Spencer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2007
      Hi All,
      Just a reminder that the Flag City Kite Fest will be taking place August 18th and 19th at Findlay Ohio. Flag City is a competitive event for Sport Kites and Fighters and will be unlike events you may have attended before. On Saturday we will be running all of the Ballet events and as many demos as possible. If you want to show your stuff this is the place. Because the event runs in conjunction with the Flag City Balloon Fest there will be plenty of  spectators. Regardless of your skill level you will be able to thrill these folks so don't be shy. We intend to have a "Peoples Choice" selection for the spectators to decide on their favorite flier. The favorite will receive a worthwhile prize.  From past experience we know that "Learn to Fly" is a big hit in Findlay, so if your talents are in teaching, ( or putting broken kites back together) we will can use your help. By the way Fighter Kite pilots, we would sure like to see fighter demos, learn to fly etc.   Registration for competitive events is $10, $5 for fighters at the field on Saturday.
      This would be a good time to book reservations for lodging. A good Web site to investigate local rooms and campgrounds is www.visitfindlay.com .   If there is interest, I have word that it may be possible to reserve a block of rooms at the Extended Stay Deluxe (formerly Hawthorn Suites) they  will offer a rate of $65.99 plus tax.  If you're interested let me know , I will take that number of responses and reserve the block.
      Details about the location of the event is on the AKA calender .

      Spencer

      Spencer Schubbe
      Eastern Michigan University
      sschubbe@...

      NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

    • k8vtd
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2007
        Hello,

        Will other kites besides Sport kites and fighter kites be welcomed and
        flown?? Also need a time that the event starts too!

        Thank you,
        Cathy
      • John&Elaine Cosby
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 16, 2007
          Spencer -

          Bueno suerte! Have fun and we hope the event is FABULOUS!!

          Sorry we will miss it.

          J&E
          Pegasus

          sschubbe@emich. edu

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 17, 2007
            Yes all kites are welcome. There should be enough room for everyone. As it is at most events the different type kites need their own areas as not to interfere with each others operations. The only question at this point is if and where the general public would be allowed to fly kites. At this time guest kiters like you and I will be on fields specifically designated for kiting, balloons etc. ,while the general public are spectators not participants.
            The official times in the program for spectators :
            Saturday Noon to 6PM
            Sunday Noon to 4PM
            HOWEVER
            On Saturday we will be able to take the field by 9AM. Sport and Fighter Kite pilots registration at 9AM with pilots meeting at 9:30. We all must be off the field at 5PM sharp for skydiving and roll out of balloons.
            On Sunday the field will be available from 9AM to 4PM

            Spencer

            At 11:03 AM 7/13/2007, you wrote:

            Hello,

            Will other kites besides Sport kites and fighter kites be welcomed and
            flown?? Also need a time that the event starts too!

            Thank you,
            Cathy

            Spencer Schubbe
            Eastern Michigan University