OSEK 2013 SPRING EVENTS SCHEDULE

  • flyinfree_oh
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2013
      OK our web site went south and I havent got up to speed with the new software so here is the tentative OSEK 2013 spring schedule.
      KITE WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
      This is the main fund raising method for putting on the Cleveland International Kite Festival. In an average year, workshops are scheduled in parks, at schools, club meetings, and events.
      We do not have sponsors paying for tents, park fees, sound systems, etc.
      So if you have wondered how this works, call Bob Lockhart, Workshop Coordinator at 216-731-3639. It takes about 20 minutes to learn how to help a kid make a sled kite. After you've done five, you are an Expert, and we need more Experts!!
      Call Bob Lockhart if you can help with the following:
      216-731-3639
      UPDATED OSEK 2013 SPRING EVENTS SCHEDULE
      APRIL:
      Sat. 13th - Spreck Farm, Baltimore , Ohio 10 to 4
      kids workshop in the field, demo performance

      Sun. 14th - Free Fly, Edgewater Park. Field Meeting to go over events.
      Representative from Hospice will be there to discuss their June event.

      Sat. 20th - Medina Earth Day - Buffalo Creek Park, 10 to 5
      kids workshop and demo flying

      April 26, Friday - 11 a.m to 2 p.m. : The Sterling House Barberton
      487 Austin Rd. Barberton, Ohio kids workshop

      Sat. 27th - Parkman Kite Fest - 10 to 4 mostly have fun, do wind sprints

      MAY:
      May 2nd, Thursday : classes at 9:30, 10:30 and 1:30 - Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church Kitemaking Workshop for Children - 11680 Royalton Rd., North Royalton.

      SAT. 4th - Fly kites $ - Chalet Debonne winery, Madison 12 to 5
      Sun. 12th - Free Fly, Edgewater, Mother's Day

      UPDATE; SAT. & SUN. - 18TH & 19TH 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days
      Cleveland Asian Festival - we are sponsored by the Children's Fair, who will supply us with a tent and 8 ft. table to set up a display of Asian and other kites. Show & tell : how kites got from Asia to here. Hand-outs. Nancy & Harry doing set -up at 10 a.m., take down each day at 6 p.m. Need a few folks to relieve through the day. They want confirmed names of people coming before opening at 11 a.m. (to let you in). Call 330-274-2818. Also if you have any Asian kites you want to display. See map for location in downtown Cleveland. This is a huge festival, full of great stuff to see! And our first connection with them - we'll be promoting our Cleveland International Kite Festival, too.

      JUNE:
      June 1 , Saturday - Mayfield Heights kids workshop See map files

      *NEW* SAT. 8TH - 10 A.M. TO 5 P.M. CHARDON ARTS FESTIVAL
      Another show & tell. We will have a tent and ground display on the Square in Chardon - south of I-90 in Geauga County. This is the arts group's first festival, themed about flight. The Artists themselves will be down Main Street in various shops. The Square is ringed with trees (they hold a maple sugar fest there), so flying kites there may be very limited - think small.

      SUN. 9th - Free fly, Edgewater - Theme: Sunshine on my shoulder. Celebrate the longest sunshine month of the year. Field meeting.

      June 19th, Wednesday : 1:30 to 2:30 - Children's Workshop in Mentor - 8500 Civic Center Blvd., in the amphitheater behind the Municipal Center. This is a lead-in to the Mentor Beachfest in July.

      *NEW* SAT. 30 - 1-4 P.M. Hospice of the Western Reserve, Euclid-Cleveland border, on the lake front. Ground display and single line demo flying. They would love to have a kite train. And bubbles. Purpose - to get donors to support their pediatric unit. See map in files.

      JULY: SUN. 14TH: FREE FLY - Theme: See Red - Ruby is this month's gem stone. Fly your brightest kites. Field meeting.

      Sat. 27th : Mentor Beachfest - 11 am to 7 pm - a mini version of our CIKF in one day at Mentor Headlands State Park. at the north end of Rt. 44. see http://cityofmentor.com/visit/headlandsbeachfest/ for details

      AUGUST:
      SUN. 11TH - ANNUAL POTLUCK PICNIC FREE FLY AT EDGEWATER PARK. Last field meeting before CIKF. Bring something to share and a beverage.

      SEPTEMBER:
      SAT. 7TH AND SUN. 8TH
      THE CLEVELAND INTERNATIONAL KITE FESTIVAL
      Events start at 11 am each day, field set up starts about 8 a.m.
      The Windjammers Performance Sport Kite Team will be here this year.

      EVENTS IN OTHER PLACE

      MAY 17th thru 19th : Great Lakes Kite Festival, Grand Haven, Michigan
      for details: http://www.mackite.com/news#GLKF

      JULY 3rd week-end - Maumee Bay, near Toledo - Kite Week-end ( formerly known as the North Coast Stunt Kite Games). Come, camp, fly. Friday night pot luck supper, if you want to participate, in the campgrounds. Bring night fly stuff
      kick back and enjoy. Sponsored by our friends, the Black Swamp Air Force.