20 Days and counting.

  • Kevin Kilgoar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
      The tent is coming, the food has been ordered, the AKA insurance has been paid for and so
      has the event permit from the park.

      AUCTION don't for get to dig thru your old kites and see what has not had any air time for a
      while and is looking for a new home, remember a unflown kite is a unhappy kite, and your
      auction donations are what keep this event running from year to year.

      Also the friday night pot luck will probably be on Friday night this year, just to change things
      up a bit, so don't for get to bring a main dish for you and a side dish to share. Plus your own
      flatware and beverage.

      Well thats about all I can think of, if I forgot anything just shoot me a line, and we'll try to
      have a pre games fly the first Saturday which is the seventh.

      Kevin
    • James Gruver
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
        Might mention the big day is July 21st. Has anyone ordered the rain
        or lighting? See ya the 21st..........jim

        On Sunday, July 1, 2007, at 09:13 PM, Kevin Kilgoar wrote:

        > The tent is coming, the food has been ordered, the AKA insurance has
        > been paid for and so
        > has the event permit from the park.
        >
        > AUCTION don't for get to dig thru your old kites and see what has not
        > had any air time for a
        > while and is looking for a new home, remember a unflown kite is a
        > unhappy kite, and your
        > auction donations are what keep this event running from year to year.
        >
        > Also the friday night pot luck will probably be on Friday night this
        > year, just to change things
        > up a bit, so don't for get to bring a main dish for you and a side
        > dish to share. Plus your own
        > flatware and beverage.
        >
        > Well thats about all I can think of, if I forgot anything just shoot
        > me a line, and we'll try to
        > have a pre games fly the first Saturday which is the seventh.
        >
        > Kevin

      • Robyne Gardner
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007

        • Robyne Gardner
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
            We won't be able to make the "pre Games" fly on Saturday. I have to work.  But keep us in the loop if you come up with any particular toys (waterguns?) or equipment (other than kites?) needed at the event.

            I can't believe it's less than 3 weeks away... Al would have been on us for the past two weeks *at least*  by now, telling us what to bring and what to watch out for   ;^)    .

            Just as a reminder... we will be camping on site 100, not in the kiter's loop this year   OH HOW WILL WE SURVIVE?   :^0
            Rick wanted to bring the kayak and fishing equipment, but I think we will be doing good to just get the camper out there.  We will be showing up on Thursday the 19th.
            This year I will welcome light winds, as Rick now only weighs around 100 lbs.

            -Robyne