OSEK Fall events

  • kc8ksu
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8 7:05 AM
      Apple Butter Festival, kite demos
      Date: Saturday October 8 and Sunday October 9, 2011
      Time: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
      Location: Century Village, 14653 East Park Street, Burton, OH 44021

      63 years of tradition simmers in copper kettles right before your eyes. Arts, crafts, music and much more. Hours are 10am - 5pm.
      Adults: $7.00/Kids 6-12: $4.00 (I *think* kitefliers get in for free...but don't quote me on that)

      ***

      Free-Fly Sun 10/9 12-5 pm at Edgewater Beach, 6660 West Memorial Shoreway, Cleveland, OH 44102 - if the Apple Butter Fest is too rich for your blood ;-)

      ***

      NOTE: This year, it looks like the City of Stow is taking a different tack on their Hallowe'en celebration (Oct 29, 2-5 pm, with a recycling theme, followed by city-wide trick-or-treating). So, looks like no night kite fly at Stow.

      Might we come up with another night fly venue??

      ***

      Fall Meeting Sun 11/13 - Canalway Center, noonish-4:30 (we have to be out by 4:45). Street address for GPS: 4524 E 49th St, Cleveland, OH 44125

      Directions: I-77. FROM THE NORTH OR SOUTH

      For the Ohio & Erie Canal Reservation main entrance:

      * exit I-77 at Grant Ave.
      * go west on Grant Ave. to E. 49th St.
      * turn left on E. 49th St.
      Settlers Bluff Picnic Area is on the right (keep going).
      * Park entrance will be on the right (1/3 mile).
      * turn right into Ohio & Erie Canal Reservation on Whittlesey Way.

      CanalWay Visitor Center is at the end of the road.

      ***

      Did I miss any?

      Sara Torok, fresh from the AKA convention...