Kiting Events "on the fly"

  • Tim & Karen Zehe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2011
      Due to newsletter delays, here are the upcoming events...  see you in print next week with the whole story.  If I missed someone, pass on the information... But don't miss the "Brookstock" event @ Cleveland Metroparks this Saturday:

      Sat. July 23 - set up before 2 p.m.  Workshopand kite-flying demonstration
      at "BROOKSTOCK--A Celebration of music and nature"  in the Cleveland Metroparks at the Brookside Reservation -- Ridge Rd. exit, just North of 480 (east of I-77The time is from 2:00 pm to 8:30 pm ; but we can expect to leave some time after 5:00.  Several live bands, refreshments, family events.  More info at: http://www.clemetparks.com/events/brookstock.asp

      Wed. July 27 -- 9 a.m. starting time.  Kite making workshop,  West Shore Child Care Center summer camp activity at the Unitarian Universalist Church.  The address is 20401 Hilliard Rd., Rocky River OH.

      Sun. August 14 - Noon til ? @ Edgewater Park.  Traditional "flexi-fool" competition…all for laughs.  Annual club Birthday Party Picnic!   Club Prez Jim Gibson is roasting the weenies; bring a dish to share as we pause to eat & plan our final approach for the Cleveland Kite Fest.

      Sat. August 20 -- Workshop and kite-flying demonstration.  Set up before 4 p.m.  The Geauga County Park District will provide tent, tables & chairs as we participate in the new Observatory Park grand opening. The address is 10610 Clay St., Montville, OH.  The time is from 4:00 pm until 8:00 pm and there will be opportunity to stargaze on the big projection screen of their amazing telescope.  More info & directions at: http://www.geaugaparkdistrict.org/parks/observatorypark.shtml

      September 10 & 11 -- The Cleveland Kite Festival.  Help set up the fields, etc. Sat. morning, put in an hour or two each afternoon helping kids make their kites, judge an event, fly your fancy stuff, and have a lot of fun!  Bring out the family and friends. . . events from noon til 5-ish Saturday & Sunday.  Club get-together dinner (& drinks, if you wish), catered Saturday after the flying.

      from your overheated, working o'time editor...Karen Zehe
      Hot out?