Ansel Toney Memorial, 5/7/2011, 12:00 am

  • KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2011
      Reminder from: KiteFliersMidwest2 Yahoo! Group

      Title: Ansel Toney Memorial

      Date: Saturday May 7, 2011
      Time: All Day
      Location: Muncie IN
      Notes: Ansel Toney and Past HKS Members Memorial Kite Festival. Location: Academy of Model Aeronautics in Muncie, In. Time: 10:00 a.m. until 04:00 p.m. This will be a one day fun fly, which is open to the public, with a kite building workshop for children of all ages. A meal will be served to the HKS members in attendance at 05:00 p.m. Business meeting and election of officers at 04:00 p.m. Contact Dick Claycomb at 765-348-3711 or email at daclaycomb@... or Clark Shute at: smilehiindy@... or 317-272-0187.

    • Robin
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2011
        Here's a Link to the Kite Lines issue from 1977 with Ansel Toney article

        http://kitelife.com/forum/files/file/509-kite-lines-vol-01-no-3-fall-1977/

        What a Fascinating Kiter he was! Wish I would have met him. He was in his 80's when I got involved in the Kite Community in San Diego at 13.

        Thanks to John Barresi and his Kitelife site for these archived issues of Kite Lines, and Valerie Govig for allowing him to put these online.
        ROBIN