Grand Haven 2007

  • Kevin Kilgoar
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20 6:35 PM
      Hello All,

      I just returned from GH 07 and uploaded some photo's I took there. All in all it was a good
      weekend, especially dinner and drinks at Damon's Saturday night.

      Kevin
    • Robyne Gardner
      Message 2 of 2 , May 22 6:01 AM
        Thanks, Kevin, for uploading those pictures.

        Even though we do not go there anymore, there will always be a soft
        spot in my heart for GH. It was the first "big" kite event we ever
        went to (even before the Games!). It was where we first saw people
        fly team. We saw Lee & Sue fly together and that sealed our fate for
        flying pairs and team.
        Grand Haven is also where we saw Top Of The Line fly to the Battle
        Hymn of the Republic and I found it was possible to have an emotional
        connection to kite flying as well. (Rick was the field director for
        that event - you can see him in that "famous" video.)

        You & Terry are right - it's the people who keep us coming back, not
        the kites.

        You'll be happy to hear that we've been in touch with Dave Weaver
        (Dr. Dr. Dave), and he got married last fall to a lady who flys
        kites! He emailed us asking when and where we get together, so don't
        be surprised if you see him out at the Bay sometime.

        This weekend coming up is Wildwood and we are sadly missing that one
        for the second time in all these years. Yes, I'll miss dipping my
        toes in that cold ocean, but mostly I'll miss getting together with
        all of our buddies on the East Coast.

        -Robyne