Re: Checking In after Big Wind

  • KKilgoar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2010
      Robyne, Hello

      And Thank you,all is well here. We got nothing here but some slightly heavy rain and some wind. The tornado touched down about 5 miles NE of me in one of the rail yards where I work and knocked 38 auto transports car's off there tracks.

      My fire department responded that night with all three of our life squads, pumper and our heavy rescue. We got there just shortly after the first touch down and worked the scene for the next 16 hours.

      In the 24 years working FIRE and EMS this was one of the most terrifying and chaotic incidents I have ever worked, another responder described the scene as a war zone and it totally was and hopefully the last war zone I ever work.

      --- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "Robyne" <robnair@...> wrote:

      > Kevin and everyone "up and over" that way.... Hope you are all well and still have roofs over your head.
      > You are in my prayers.
      >
      > Here in Ottawa Co., at least in my neck of the woods, we had nohing but torrential rain and lightening. The storms/tornados blew right off into the lake
      >
      > -Robyne

    • Dave Ferguson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 10, 2010

        Hi Everybody,

        With the grace of God, we were spared from the utter devastation that took place just a couple of miles from our home. Reiman Rd. in Curtice, OH got nailed. We had plenty of rain and moderate wind throughout the evening, but that was it. I went outside after the tornado siren sounded around 10:30PM and 2:15AM (or around that time) that next morning and one thing really stood out. The constant roll of thunder that I could clearly hear from my drive. It was like there were 50 or so drum corps lined up west to east and trying to outdo each other. Our prayers go out from 7036 Corduroy Rd. to all

        Dave & Deb