Checking In after Big Wind

  • Robyne
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2010
      Kevin and everyone "up and over" that way.... Hope you are all well and still have roofs over your head.
      You are in my prayers.

      Here in Ottawa Co., at least in my neck of the woods, we had nohing but torrential rain and lightening. The storms/tornados blew right off into the lake

      -Robyne
    • carl anderson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2010
        Everything all right here. Tornado stopped about 4 miles west of here in Clay Center area.. Did enough damage on 795 which if you keep coming east and  it crosses Rt 51 it turns into country rd 66 which is the road we live on. We are lucky, We had two go just 1 mile south of us a couple years ago and this one that stopped not that far away.

        Carl Anderson
        Kites, Cars and Shuffle board

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2010
          Robyne, Hello

          And Thank you,all is well here. We got nothing here but some slightly heavy rain and some wind. The tornado touched down about 5 miles NE of me in one of the rail yards where I work and knocked 38 auto transports car's off there tracks.

          My fire department responded that night with all three of our life squads, pumper and our heavy rescue. We got there just shortly after the first touch down and worked the scene for the next 16 hours.

          In the 24 years working FIRE and EMS this was one of the most terrifying and chaotic incidents I have ever worked, another responder described the scene as a war zone and it totally was and hopefully the last war zone I ever work.

          --- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "Robyne" <robnair@...> wrote:

          > Kevin and everyone "up and over" that way.... Hope you are all well and still have roofs over your head.
          > You are in my prayers.
          >
          > Here in Ottawa Co., at least in my neck of the woods, we had nohing but torrential rain and lightening. The storms/tornados blew right off into the lake
          >
          > -Robyne

        • Dave Ferguson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 10, 2010

            Hi Everybody,

            With the grace of God, we were spared from the utter devastation that took place just a couple of miles from our home. Reiman Rd. in Curtice, OH got nailed. We had plenty of rain and moderate wind throughout the evening, but that was it. I went outside after the tornado siren sounded around 10:30PM and 2:15AM (or around that time) that next morning and one thing really stood out. The constant roll of thunder that I could clearly hear from my drive. It was like there were 50 or so drum corps lined up west to east and trying to outdo each other. Our prayers go out from 7036 Corduroy Rd. to all

            Dave & Deb