Gettysburg convention excitement

  • Tom Lavender
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2007
      Dang straight I'm pumped to be going so close.....  Gettysburg is one of the neatest places to go there is.   If you havent had the chance, make sure and watch the movie "Gettysburg" before then.  Then if you get the chance to visit the battlefield as a side trip, it will make more sense.  I did, and visited, and could almost feel the drama just looking over the grounds.  The Battle place was all over and around the fishhook shaped ridge.  When I got to little round top which was the Union's left flank and was held by Chamberlain and the boys from Maine, it was almost sundown, and the hair almost stood up on my neck.  When I got to where Picket's charge was, a school group was there on a field trip, and reinacted the charge just as I got to where the Union line would have been.... you could see what a suicide mission it must have been running uphill against men with repeating rifles that held multiple rounds....  very sobering.   The area around there is great too.  I loved the food and the people....   This ought to be great!  Tom Lavender.

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.