the swamp

  • Gumby
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2010
      Did the BSAF die? Havn't seen anything posted since the first of the year. Nothing on the AKA web site either.

      Still kicking, but down here in Flordia. Sorry!!
    • Robin
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 9, 2010
        Carl, the same happening all over the kiting world, Everyone went to Facebook. Still looking forward to meeting up for a friendly fight with our fighters. Robin in Colorado
        --- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "Gumby" <gumbyoh@...> wrote:

        > Did the BSAF die? Havn't seen anything posted since the first of the year. Nothing on the AKA web site either.
        >
        > Still kicking, but down here in Flordia. Sorry!!

      • KKilgoar
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 9, 2010
          Carl, Hi Ya...

          What do you want, it's winter in Ohio. I know a few made it out for the New Years Day fly, but not me, the older I get the more I dislike winter...lol

          Been thinking bout flying, after all I got my first Rev at the auction last year so I'm looking forward to getting out and getting my feet wet with four lines.

          Plus I finally got back to work after a year off, took a position as Branch Manager with a company called Professional Transportation. And since I'm only 4 months into it, I'm still feeling the job out, so to speak.

          As for the Games, everything is ready, the tent is ordered and the food, all we need to do is give the Friends Group a date and they will be there with the food.

          Speaking of the Games, don't forget the auction, all money raised at the auction is what keeps the Games going.

          I have been thinking about looking around for some date's to update here and the club web page. I know Grand Haven is the third weekend in May ???? I think, help me out if you have any festival dates.

          Well that's it from ass deep in snow, Ohio

          --- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "Gumby" <gumbyoh@...> wrote:

          > Did the BSAF die? Havn't seen anything posted since the first of the year. Nothing on the AKA web site either.
          >
          > Still kicking, but down here in Flordia. Sorry!!

        • John Hall
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 9, 2010
            Kevin

            I've been planning under the assumption that NCSKG is the third weekend in July, (15, 16, and 17 this year) as it has been in the past.

            Other Region 5 festivals:
            • Airwaves 4/10-11
            • Grand Haven 5-21(?)-23 (the weekend before Memorial Day)
            • Richland 6/12-13
            • Warren Dunes 6/27-28
            • Coldwater 7/23-24
            • Cleveland 9/11-12 (the weekend after Labor Day)
            John

          • Tim
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 10, 2010
              Gumby wrote:

              > Did the BSAF die? Havn't seen anything posted
              > since the first of the year. Nothing on the
              > AKA web site either.

              BSAF die? Gumgy needs to have his meds
              checked: they appear to be effecting his memory.

              Been to most of the winter events and
              most of the winter Saturday and Sunday when anyone
              was there and the cold kept a lot of the Swampers
              hibernating!

              > Still kicking, but down here in Flordia. Sorry!!

              Enjoy the winter in Fla., get outside and
              fly a bit: the fresh air will do you some much needed
              good, maybe appreciate the good weather that you
              should be enjoying!

              Windrider
            • KKilgoar
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 13, 2010
                John,

                Your close on the Games, by my calendar it will be the 16,17 and 18 The 15 is Thursday.

                And thank you for the date corrections for Warren Dunes and Cold Water.

                --- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "John Hall" <j.hall@...> wrote:

                > Kevin
                >
                > I've been planning under the assumption that NCSKG is the third weekend in July, (15, 16, and 17 this year) as it has been in the past.
                >
                > Other Region 5 festivals:
                > a.. Airwaves 4/10-11
                > b.. Grand Haven 5-21(?)-23 (the weekend before Memorial Day)
                > c.. Richland 6/12-13
                > d.. Warren Dunes 6/27-28
                > e.. Coldwater 7/23-24
                > f.. Cleveland 9/11-12 (the weekend after Labor Day)
                > John

              • Tim
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 13, 2010
                  Carl,

                  Hope you took my advice and got some flying
                  in, looks like you get to "enjoy" a small taste of
                  the weather we've endured and you thought that you
                  had escaped.

                  Hope that it is NOT as bad for you as the
                  reports here suggest. Again, it is only a very
                  small weak taste.

                  Tim
                • wisconsinflyer
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 16, 2010
                    howdy Gumby :)

                    Hope you're having a great winter get away! How 'bout you send some of that warm weather our way??? No wait...we're still gonna need some decent ice for this weekend's big event down at Clear Lake, IA (don't need a repeat of that last Kites On Ice show at Madison...YIKES!!!!)

                    get 'high' on kites,

                    Jeffrey Hale - Neenah, WI

                    --- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "Gumby" <gumbyoh@...> wrote:

                    > Did the BSAF die? Havn't seen anything posted since the first of the year. Nothing on the AKA web site either.
                    >
                    > Still kicking, but down here in Flordia. Sorry!!

                  • carl anderson
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 16, 2010
                      Hi Jeff
                      Been a while. No I won't send this weather your way. Its been chilly down here. Was out to the beach yesterday flying a couple fighters and my new Rev. Supposed to warm up for this weekend so will be on the beach Sunday for sure. Maybe in a week or two you can have some of our nicer weather that is coming this way. Only you have to come down here to get it.

                      Carl Anderson
                      aka GUMBY
                      Northwest Ohio
                      Fighter Kites and Good Winds