Cleveland Kite Festival info.

  • kkilgoar
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2009
      An eventuality: We are running concurrent with a big event, the Susan B Komen Race for the Cure, on Saturday, September 12th! This may generate good crowds, as all activities close at 11:30 am! Afternoon access will be as usual.

      However, the Shoreway (Route 2) will be CLOSED approaching from the East and South sides from 8:30 on Saturday morning! Plan to pass through downtown interchanges by 8 or 8:15 am to approach Edgewater for setup, or face detours thru town. For far east/south folks, it may be easiest to take the turnpike to I-71 (strongsville), 71 north to W. 25th, then up the city street to the WEST 25th-westbound shoreway approach. . .

      Or, from the East, you would exit at E. 55th, go South to Superior Ave., and proceed west thru town via the Detroit-Superior bridge. A quick right (North) on W. 25th St (at the end of the bridge) and immediate left, West on the Shoreway, will get you there easily. From 77 approaching North, again exit at Superior and follow the above to west shoreway.

      Happy kiting, all! Please pass this info on to anyone you know whom I may have missed with this e-mail.