Got the Dual Line Bug

  • Sara
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2009
      Hey Folks,

      I'm making ballet/precision kiting my hobby this year. Anybody got a Flying Wings Silver Fox, New Tech/Dodd Gross Techno, Skyburner Widow Maker, or Premier Widow or Wolf? I'd love to have an opportunity to test fly any of these kites.

      Meanwhile, I've upped my weekly flying hours from near zero to--well, I got out three times this week, and have the pink forearms & nose to prove it! Flew at Edgewater once, twice at Huntington, in the grass lot in front of the playhouse. This week-end at Huntington, the winds were REALLY gusty and variable. I found it virtually unflyable.

      My Profile flew through the gusts okay, but in the lulls, I couldn't back up and/or fly through 'em fast enough to keep the kite from falling to the ground. Forget practicing figures!

      But it was still good practice....

      Sara.