Colorado's New Years Day 2009 Fly

  • Mr. Robin Mc
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2008
      Sandstone Ranch Park, Longmont, CO. This will be our 2nd. annual New
      Years Fly at this location. However, IF the Into The Wind kite store
      in Boulder confirms to us where and if they are doing their annual Fly
      again, we may go to theirs instead. Robin (720)297-9641 Any of you
      kiters whom happen to be near Denver, please stop by!
    • Mr. Robin Mc
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2009
        Please go to "photos", as I posted pics of our New Years Day Fly 2009
        at Sandstone Ranch Park in Longmont, Colorado. Amazing how spectacular
        the clouds and sky look on these photos! I wish that I could give more
        accurate descriptions of some of these kites, but as a singleline and
        fighter flier, whom has in the last couple years done more stunt and
        quad, I FEEL LIKE A "noobie" even though I have been around kiting for
        over 32 years. I recall the "PETER POWELL" trains, the "Flexifoil" and
        witnessed the invention of the "HYPERKITE", also saw the "REV" in it's
        infancy.
        Al Hargus was very helpful in educating me on Sport Kite history, the
        time I missed from the late 1980's to 2000 or so. That due to ex-wife
        (and all the $ paid out). I am catching up now. Now we have Snow
        kiting here in the mountains. Hundreds of Kite-SKI enthusiasts whom
        pay for lessons on how to fly Traction Kites, yet had no interest in
        kiting before they found it as a means to pull through the ice. I am
        attempting to hook up with them also, as they are another branch of
        Kiting.

        -- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Robin Mc"