Re: One Sky One World Kite Fly

  • Mr. Robin Mc
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2008
      Jaymes, and Group, Denver's OSOW fly for 2008 will be at Stapleton,
      which is the former site of Denver airport (moved a decade ago further
      east)redeveloped into homes, schools, commercial,and parks.
      Unfortunately, we are expecting some snow and Rain. I probably will
      not make it, one of our club members stated he will attend.
      I am not sure whether the same people are doing this OSOW, as they
      moved the location from Sloans Lake where it has been held (somewhat,
      in bad weather)for years, to Stapleton.

      -- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "Jaymes" <deviousdvnt@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      > The first Voice of America radio facility capable of broadcasting
      > worldwide.
      > Its flat fields, favorable winds and place in broadcast history make
      > it the perfect place to launch this exciting community event.
      >
      > http://www.wguc.org/airwaveskitefest/voa.asp
      >
      > Sunday OCT 12 from 12pm - 4pm
      >

      > --- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Robin Mc"
      > <boulderjunk@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Jaymes, Where are all the O.S.O.W. events besides here in Denver??
      > > Mr. & Mrs. Ambrose have promoted the event here every year on the
      > 2nd.
      > > Sunday of October.
      > >
      > > Unfortunately, every year on the 2nd Sun. of Oct, we had our "First
      > > Snow" and lots of related Cold, Sleety, Icy, uncomfortable
      > conditions,
      > > so I never made it to one of those festivals yet.
      > >
      > > Also, I never heard from the Ambroses regarding this year (2008).
      > this
      > > is why I logged on tonight to check my email.
      > >
      > > Perhaps they gave up this year?
      > >
      > > Robin
      > >

      > > --- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "Jaymes" <deviousdvnt@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > One Sky One World Kite Fly on Sunday, October 12, 2008.
      > > >
      > > > One Sky One World promotes annual activities in concurrence with
      > > > events in hundreds of locations around the world.
      > > > On the Second Sunday of Every October utilizing the multi-
      > cultural
      > > > symbol of the kite and the ocean of air that we all share.
      > > > People are made aware of the kite's contribution to cultural
      > history.
      > > > The arts and sciences through recognition and enjoyment of the
      > kite,
      > > > its many manifestations and the activity of kite flying as
      > expressed
      > > > in many nations and regions throughout recorded history.
      > > > The art and entertainment activities associated with the One Sky
      > One
      > > > World event, leads community enjoyment, understanding and
      > friendship
      > > > between people, environmental awareness and promoting world peace.
      > > >
      > > > It is clear that life on the planet earth is at a crossroads. The
      > > > choice to turn from the path of self destruction from war, and
      > > > environmental abuse; to love of self, others, and the world is
      > before
      > > > us. Increasing global awareness will lead to a widespread belief
      > that
      > > > anything other than peace and mutual concern is insensible, and
      > will
      > > > move us away from planetary cataclysm toward a better future. One
      > Sky
      > > > One World festivals will be held annually around the world to
      > promote
      > > > protection of the planet, peace, friendship and understanding
      > between
      > > > all people. Beyond this, One Sky One World does not endorse any

    • Mr. Robin Mc
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2008
        I'm on my way right now to OSOW Denver. The weather cleared a bit, is
        cloudy and some wind. Our fly is at the former location of Stapleton
        airport. Interstate 270 near Peoria exit.
        ROBIN