Re: One Sky One World Kite Fly

  • Jaymes
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2008
      One Sky One World event in Long Beach, Washington,

      One Sky One World event Brenton Point in Newport, Also

      I will be flying with P.I.G.S. Aloft at

      Voice of America Park

      Located on 330 acres at Tylersville and Cox Road in West Chester,
      Ohio,
      Voice of America Park is the former location of the Bethany Station.
      The first Voice of America radio facility capable of broadcasting
      worldwide.
      Its flat fields, favorable winds and place in broadcast history make
      it the perfect place to launch this exciting community event.

      http://www.wguc.org/airwaveskitefest/voa.asp

      Sunday OCT 12 from 12pm - 4pm

      --- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Robin Mc"
      <boulderjunk@...> wrote:

      > Jaymes, Where are all the O.S.O.W. events besides here in Denver??
      > Mr. & Mrs. Ambrose have promoted the event here every year on the
      2nd.
      > Sunday of October.
      >
      > Unfortunately, every year on the 2nd Sun. of Oct, we had our "First
      > Snow" and lots of related Cold, Sleety, Icy, uncomfortable
      conditions,
      > so I never made it to one of those festivals yet.
      >
      > Also, I never heard from the Ambroses regarding this year (2008).
      this
      > is why I logged on tonight to check my email.
      >
      > Perhaps they gave up this year?
      >
      > Robin
      >

      > --- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "Jaymes" <deviousdvnt@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > One Sky One World Kite Fly on Sunday, October 12, 2008.
      > >
      > > One Sky One World promotes annual activities in concurrence with
      > > events in hundreds of locations around the world.
      > > On the Second Sunday of Every October utilizing the multi-
      cultural
      > > symbol of the kite and the ocean of air that we all share.
      > > People are made aware of the kite's contribution to cultural
      history.
      > > The arts and sciences through recognition and enjoyment of the
      kite,
      > > its many manifestations and the activity of kite flying as
      expressed
      > > in many nations and regions throughout recorded history.
      > > The art and entertainment activities associated with the One Sky
      One
      > > World event, leads community enjoyment, understanding and
      friendship
      > > between people, environmental awareness and promoting world peace.
      > >
      > > It is clear that life on the planet earth is at a crossroads. The
      > > choice to turn from the path of self destruction from war, and
      > > environmental abuse; to love of self, others, and the world is
      before
      > > us. Increasing global awareness will lead to a widespread belief
      that
      > > anything other than peace and mutual concern is insensible, and
      will
      > > move us away from planetary cataclysm toward a better future. One
      Sky
      > > One World festivals will be held annually around the world to
      promote
      > > protection of the planet, peace, friendship and understanding
      between
      > > all people. Beyond this, One Sky One World does not endorse any
      > > ideology or political agenda.
      > >
      > > http://www.oneskyoneworld.org/involved.html
      > >
      > > http://subvision.net/sky/osow/one.sky.2007/index.htm
      > > http://subvision.net/sky/planetkite/index.htm

    • Mr. Robin Mc
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2008
        Jaymes, and Group, Denver's OSOW fly for 2008 will be at Stapleton,
        which is the former site of Denver airport (moved a decade ago further
        east)redeveloped into homes, schools, commercial,and parks.
        Unfortunately, we are expecting some snow and Rain. I probably will
        not make it, one of our club members stated he will attend.
        I am not sure whether the same people are doing this OSOW, as they
        moved the location from Sloans Lake where it has been held (somewhat,
        in bad weather)for years, to Stapleton.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2008
          I'm on my way right now to OSOW Denver. The weather cleared a bit, is
          cloudy and some wind. Our fly is at the former location of Stapleton
          airport. Interstate 270 near Peoria exit.
          ROBIN