One Sky One World Kite Fly

  • Jaymes
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
      One Sky One World Kite Fly on Sunday, October 12, 2008.

      One Sky One World promotes annual activities in concurrence with
      events in hundreds of locations around the world.
      On the Second Sunday of Every October utilizing the multi-cultural
      symbol of the kite and the ocean of air that we all share.
      People are made aware of the kite's contribution to cultural history.
      The arts and sciences through recognition and enjoyment of the kite,
      its many manifestations and the activity of kite flying as expressed
      in many nations and regions throughout recorded history.
      The art and entertainment activities associated with the One Sky One
      World event, leads community enjoyment, understanding and friendship
      between people, environmental awareness and promoting world peace.

      It is clear that life on the planet earth is at a crossroads. The
      choice to turn from the path of self destruction from war, and
      environmental abuse; to love of self, others, and the world is before
      us. Increasing global awareness will lead to a widespread belief that
      anything other than peace and mutual concern is insensible, and will
      move us away from planetary cataclysm toward a better future. One Sky
      One World festivals will be held annually around the world to promote
      protection of the planet, peace, friendship and understanding between
      all people. Beyond this, One Sky One World does not endorse any
      ideology or political agenda.

      http://www.oneskyoneworld.org/involved.html

      http://subvision.net/sky/osow/one.sky.2007/index.htm
      http://subvision.net/sky/planetkite/index.htm
    • Mr. Robin Mc
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 10, 2008
        Jaymes, Where are all the O.S.O.W. events besides here in Denver??
        Mr. & Mrs. Ambrose have promoted the event here every year on the 2nd.
        Sunday of October.

        Unfortunately, every year on the 2nd Sun. of Oct, we had our "First
        Snow" and lots of related Cold, Sleety, Icy, uncomfortable conditions,
        so I never made it to one of those festivals yet.

        Also, I never heard from the Ambroses regarding this year (2008). this
        is why I logged on tonight to check my email.

        Perhaps they gave up this year?

        Robin

        --- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "Jaymes" <deviousdvnt@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 11, 2008
          One Sky One World event in Long Beach, Washington,

          One Sky One World event Brenton Point in Newport, Also

          I will be flying with P.I.G.S. Aloft at

          Voice of America Park

          Located on 330 acres at Tylersville and Cox Road in West Chester,
          Ohio,
          Voice of America Park is the former location of the Bethany Station.
          The first Voice of America radio facility capable of broadcasting
          worldwide.
          Its flat fields, favorable winds and place in broadcast history make
          it the perfect place to launch this exciting community event.

          http://www.wguc.org/airwaveskitefest/voa.asp

          Sunday OCT 12 from 12pm - 4pm

          --- In KiteFliersMidwest2@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Robin Mc"

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 11, 2008
            Jaymes, and Group, Denver's OSOW fly for 2008 will be at Stapleton,
            which is the former site of Denver airport (moved a decade ago further
            east)redeveloped into homes, schools, commercial,and parks.
            Unfortunately, we are expecting some snow and Rain. I probably will
            not make it, one of our club members stated he will attend.
            I am not sure whether the same people are doing this OSOW, as they
            moved the location from Sloans Lake where it has been held (somewhat,
            in bad weather)for years, to Stapleton.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 12, 2008
              I'm on my way right now to OSOW Denver. The weather cleared a bit, is
              cloudy and some wind. Our fly is at the former location of Stapleton
              airport. Interstate 270 near Peoria exit.
              ROBIN