Ivan's Recommended Reading List

  • Ivan
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2010
      Alone Against The Sea: And Other True Adventures, Jon Bowermaster
      Local Author's collection of stories from many of his worldwide travels. From careening down the most dangerous sections of the Yangtze River to interviewing sailors as they prepare for solo around-the-world races

      Deep Survival : Who Lives, Who Dies, And Why : True Stories Of Miraculous Endurance And Sudden Death Laurence Gonzales.

      Paddle Your Own Kayak : An Illustrated Guide to the Art of Kayaking
      McGuffin, Gary; McGuffin, Joanie
      Typical introductory and intermediate information with the best illustrations
      Available at Kenco

      Kabloona in the yellow kayak : one woman's journey through the Northwest Passage Victoria Jason.

      Seekers Of The Horizon : Sea Kayaking Voyages From Around The World edited by Will Nordby.
      Why people kayak and what they gain from the experience.

      Champlain's Dream ; Fischer, David Hackett
      On foot and by ship and canoe, he traveled through what are now six Canadian provinces and five American states.
    • glider
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2010
        Thanks, Ivan.  I always appreciate other peoples' book lists.  I am working my way through a paddling.net book list right now.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2010
          www.jonbowermaster.com He is also on Facebook.