Great Swamp Spring Paddles

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2010

      Yes...Newburg Area Kayakers rescheduled their Great Swamp Paddle to Saturday May 22.  The Kasual Kayakers will likely also be having a Great Swamp paddle sometime also.  If anyone wants to go to the Great Swamp...here is the link:

      The Newburg area kayakers also polled their members about interest in a picnic at Plumpoint where ADK's Paddlefest will be 6/13:

      "Announcing a new Meetup for Newburgh Area Kayakers!
      What: INTEREST ONLY - Plum Point May Picnic!!!!
      When: Sunday, May 16, 2010 11:00 AM"

      From: Diane Dintruff <ddintruff@yahoo. com>
      To: "KayakGroup1" <KingstonPaddlePals@ yahoogroups. com>
      Date: Monday, March 22, 2010, 11:28 AM

      I don't usually forward meet-ups from other groups, but this is a good example of online  networking.  I found out at the Kasual Kayakers planning meeting that FROGS (friends of the Great Swamp) was giving guided tours and providing boats the same day and from the same launch site as Sheryl scheduled this meet-up. So I'll let Sheryl know about the Frogs Program (pasted).  I personally think the Great Swamp is more fun in March & April when the Croton River is overflowing and one gets to yell "Help...I'm lost in the Great Swamp" and someone else probably just as lost gets to yell "I think the creek is over here".  Anyway...here is FROGS guided paddle info:

      5/15-16/10 Great Swamp Guided/Gear Provided Tours
      also Saturday and Sunday, June 5 and 6

      Departures scheduled for: 8:15 AM, 10:15 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM

      Explore the Swamp with FrOGS. Meet us at the Green Chimney's Beach on Doansburg Road (formerly Putnam Lake Road ) of Rte 22. FrOGS members will guide each trip and point out the birds and plants as we canoe.

      All levels of paddlers are welcome. We will provide canoes, paddles, Life jackets (bring your won if you wish) and a licensed Lifeguard. We suggest you bring bottled water, sunglasses and layered clothing to accommodate temperature changes. We will canoe rain or shine. In extreme conditions, we ask that you call for cancellation and rescheduling information.

      Reservations are a must and space is limited so get your reservations early! For information and reservations contact:

      Laurie Wallace at (845-279-8858) or Laurwally@aol. com subject: Canoe Trip

      $22.00 Adult Member, $11.00 Child (6 to 14 years)
      $26.00 Adult Non-member, $16.00 Child (6 to 14 years)